Page updated on 11-19-2017

Model manufacturers - a suggestion.

willimo
08-13-2014, 11:34 PM
How about including small portion of a decal sheet including "repair panels" for a few of the main colors on your larger decals? So when you rip or crack a decal or lose a piece down a panel line, you can cut a little piece to lay over the offending spot that matches exactly. I'm thinking specifically for liveried race cars - where there are huge swaths of a color in decal. Add a little square of that color, please.

hirofkd
08-14-2014, 01:36 AM
Some of Fujimi's Miku Z4 kits have small repair decals, but Fujimi is a company of learning disabilities; they never continue a good practice like this, and also keep making elementary mistakes.

rallymaster
08-14-2014, 07:39 AM
How about including small portion of a decal sheet including "repair panels" for a few of the main colors on your larger decals? So when you rip or crack a decal or lose a piece down a panel line, you can cut a little piece to lay over the offending spot that matches exactly. I'm thinking specifically for liveried race cars - where there are huge swaths of a color in decal. Add a little square of that color, please.

I'm often critic to Renaissance but I have to say that they have been offering that for a long time and that's a very good thing, you're right with the idea.

generationx
08-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Colorado have done this too - I had extra patches of decal in the Ken Block Fiesta set, very useful.

willimo
08-15-2014, 12:15 PM
I didn't know it was already being done! That's great news! Let's hope it catches on and becomes industry standard!

tonioseven
08-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Good idea

Add your comment to this topic!