Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

keep getting engine codes p0443 & p0341

mrbid
08-11-2014, 10:20 PM
I have a 2000 Pontiac Montana 3.4L V6.
I keep getting code p0341 cam shaft sensor (replace), and code p0443 P0443....EVAP Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit.
I was getting p0441...Evaporative Emission Control System Incorrect Purge Flow (but I replace Canister Purge Valve that up top center right)
I have also replace spark plugs and wires because it didn't seam to have any power. (After I replace both the cam shaft sensor and purge valve) Now it does have good power but if I am moving at very low speed either stopping or starting it will almost die sometimes and sometimes it does die. If it actually dies it seams to give both the P0341 & p0443 codes but if it doesn't die and code light comes on after resetting it, it is just the p0443 code.
We have tested the canister purge valve to see if it is opening and closing and it is.

any Ideas what we should do next?

Tech II
08-12-2014, 07:14 AM
Well, you have replaced the cam sensor, but without a scan tool attached, and reading data, you don't know if the signal is gettiing to the PCM......you can check for voltage, and you can check the continuity of the the harness wires back to the PCM.....if ok, then you might need a PCM.....

Same with the purge circuit....you need to check for voltage and check continuity back to the PCM......

If I remember right, the PCM is located in the air box......might be worth checking it out....have seen mice build nests in there and eat the wire harnesses to the PCM, causing all sorts of problems....

Add your comment to this topic!