Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2009 Toyota Matrix P0793 Fix

hk_rogers
07-28-2014, 10:30 PM
Recently had a repair on a 2009 Toyota Matrix 2.4L with a CEL P0793 "Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor A" code that I had a lot of difficulty finding good information on. Thought I'd post the repair info here to help out others in the future.

1. I pulled the codes at Autozone and they told me I needed a Transmission Speed Sensor (Part #SU40465) however they were unsure the location and that there were 2 sensors and no way to tell which is bad.

2. Took code to Toyota Dealership and they tried to sell me an ABS Wheel Speed Sensor for $250.

3. After digging through a variety of online resources I suspected Autozone was correct, ordered the part and set out to find the sensor.

4. On the 2.4L Matrix both sensors are located beneath the Air Filter box. Disconnect the intake hoses, pull off the box, loosen the three bolts holding on the box and voila you have access. The "A" Sensor is located directly beneath the air box in a vertical position. The other Sensor ("B" I assume) is a little further forward and angled toward the back of the battery. I would imagine the battery would have to be removed for ease of access.

5. 1 12mm Bolt and a rather sticky wiring harness later and you're in business.

Hope this is helpful to someone!

Cheers

Add your comment to this topic!