Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

can't pass smog cuz i have a little problem that's stopping me

Frankiev33
07-22-2014, 08:46 PM
hey guys I'm new to this car forum and I kinda have a problem.
so i need to get my Honda accord registered, already did that but it's not complete cuz i have to get it smogged. so here is the problem i took my car to the smog shop, twice! and they both told me the same thing, everything is fine but it wont pass until i get a sticker of a number on my intake. i was confused cuz that didn't happen when i smogged it before, well here is the story i bought this 2000 Honda accord from my friend 2 years ago and he did all these mods to it, and so it has a cold air intake and when i got it smogged this time around both places i went to said i needed this number because i guess its a law in California now to have this on your intake or else its illegal? i need this number on my intake so it can be legal, so i was confused and i told my friend i bought it off and he was confused to, that's because i just found out this law is new! that's why i went to a different shop to try and get it smogged again to see if it would make a difference, turns out it didn't. sooo i tell my friend and he said he never had a sticker with a number on there before, so i was like great, now what, so the shop mechanic told me to ask the intake company for the number and maybe i can get it and all my problems would be solved, so i try aaand stillno luck. i called the company HPS and they said they don't have those numbers, so i was like great! now what do i do! and so the guy tells me that my only option is to find the number or put the stock intake back on and that's gonna be another hassle, cuz idek if my friend has the original intake! i am already frustrated as it is *sigh* does anyone have any advice?! haha...has anyone been in this situation recently? any advice would help. thanks Honda fam.

CivicSpoon
07-23-2014, 02:13 PM
It's a C.A.R.B. Executive Order number. It might be new for your County, but it's certainly not new for California. I've been working and researching about cars for over 12 years now, and read about California residents having to do with the stickers since then.

My advice is to go to a parts yard and buy a stock unit, or buy a new intake from a manufacturer who offers a Carb sticker. Beyond that, there's nothing you can really do.

Add your comment to this topic!