Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

01 7.3L F250 Brake lights just come on...

Taylor44
07-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Truck is parked most of the time .. and I apparently have a ghost living inside of it ... because for no reason, the brake lights will just come on.. may stay on for a few minutes, may stay on for 30 minutes ... well... enough of this without driving runs the batteries down ....

Anyone seen this before? I done a quick forum search, but did not see the issue anywhere... Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks!
Jon

65comet
07-18-2014, 04:06 PM
I had a Jeep that the return spring on the brake pedal was worn and let the pedal drop a bit and cause the switch to open up. I had a Taurus that the switch holder bracket got bent a bit and allowed the switch to open. I had a Rabbit that the switch had plastic engaging clips on two sides and one broke off, so the switch would sometimes move out of the holder a bit. All would lead to dead batteries in the morning until I saw the lights on and fixed them. That's the problem with parking your car in the driveway and walking straight to the front and not around the back when it is still light outside.

tlbianco
10-11-2014, 08:48 PM
My friend has a 00 F-250 that after rain or washing does all kinds of crazy electrical things. I.E radio comes on. I guess the windshield can leak and water gets to a computer module. My 97 had similar issues until I had a new windshield put in and had them make sure it was sealed good.

Add your comment to this topic!