Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Silverado - Driver Side DRL

Serverian
07-14-2014, 09:59 AM
2005 Silverado. I do not know the correct terminology but the front bottom row of three lights, one being the turn signal, another the parking light? and the one on the outside edge may be called the sidemarker.. (I've never seen this come on, on either side but that's not the problem).
On the driver's side that bottom front row of lights does not come on, none of them. Turn signal doesn't work, drl light doesn't come on .. I've pulled all the related fuses from the underhood fuse box, they look ok. Pulled blubs out to visually inspect and they look ok, no burned out look or broken filament. And that's about all I know to do.

The DRL relay : can that be temporarily swapped with another relay that does work, like the headlight relay?

The Ambient Light Sensor is clear of obstructions.

Does the fact only one side is affected, and/or that all three bulbs are out at once indicate where the problem is?

Thanks

j cAT
07-14-2014, 10:13 AM
2005 Silverado. I do not know the correct terminology but the front bottom row of three lights, one being the turn signal, another the parking light? and the one on the outside edge may be called the sidemarker.. (I've never seen this come on, on either side but that's not the problem).
On the driver's side that bottom front row of lights does not come on, none of them. Turn signal doesn't work, drl light doesn't come on .. I've pulled all the related fuses from the underhood fuse box, they look ok. Pulled blubs out to visually inspect and they look ok, no burned out look or broken filament. And that's about all I know to do.

The DRL relay : can that be temporarily swapped with another relay that does work, like the headlight relay?

The Ambient Light Sensor is clear of obstructions.

Does the fact only one side is affected, and/or that all three bulbs are out at once indicate where the problem is?

Thanks

I would check the wiring/connectors since these all went out on the same side at the same time. relays do not control each side but both sides. the grounding is suspect IMO...

Add your comment to this topic!