Page updated on 11-19-2017

1/24 GT3-class cars

kcirick
07-08-2014, 12:29 AM
Hello,

I have recently built a couple of race cars in GT3-class, and I really enjoyed building them. I have now

1. Ferrari F430 GT3
2. BMW Z4 GT3
3. McLaren MP4-12C GT3

I'm looking for the next project, and I would like to know what else is out there on the market (It has to be 1/24 scale). Looking at Hobby Search for HLJ, I can see the following:

4. Porsche 911 GT3
5. Mercedes SLS GT3

But I'm not really keen on either one of them. Does anyone know if there is anything else? I would think there is a company other than Fujimi that makes GT3 race cars...

Thanks,
~Rick

griffin-gt40
07-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Rick,

Do you want only GT3 cars?

And are you looking at cars that only raced in a specific series.

There are a few other options. There are some GT1 cars that race in Europe like the Simil'r Ford GT's, classified as GT1 cars (Studio 27 has a conversion kit to make a GT3 version but imo its very expensive for what you get in the kit.)

Aoshima has 2 version of the 2010 Lamborghini Murcielago GT1's coming out in the next week or so as well.

Hobby Design has Nissan GTR GT3 resin kit but its pretty expensive.

Other options, are slot cars. I just picked up ScaleAuto 1/24 Viper GTS-R to make one of the vipers running in the Tudor Series, but there is a GT3 (they use the GTD name) but same class. With slot car bodies, you'll have to source out a donar kit for a chassis and interior tub, or scratchbuild both.

Scale Production's has a really nice transkit for the Porsche 911's from the 2011 Le Mans for the Flying Lizard's cars, probably the coolest GT3 graphics ever. Do a forum search here, there's been a couple great builds of these cars.

Also, you can do take a street version of a car and convert it to a racer. Search for Paolo's Ferrari 458 GT2 and GT3 builds.

Good luck,

David

P.S.

I sent you a PM awhile back, if you didn't get it can you PM me or email me at
jhedir6 at gmail.com

thanks

eyckles
07-08-2014, 04:44 AM
Don't forget. Scaleauto made a Audi LMS kit.

RacingDecals
07-08-2014, 07:14 AM
We have just released the decals JLOC LM 2010 Version for the Aoshima Kit. it was the only LP670 R-SV that ever raced in Le Mans. We have the Aoshima kit

Add your comment to this topic!