Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

O.K. Guys, It's the 4th of July......

Rick Norwood
07-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Who hasn't changed their Fuel Filter yet this year?
Long Weekend coming, No Snow or Ice, (unless it's in your bucket of beer). 10 minutes, tops, 10 flippin' minutes.

Do your self a favor and change that Fuel filter. No Excuses. Get 'er done!:bananasmi

j cAT
07-03-2014, 07:34 AM
Who hasn't changed their Fuel Filter yet this year?
Long Weekend coming, No Snow or Ice, (unless it's in your bucket of beer). 10 minutes, tops, 10 flippin' minutes.

Do your self a favor and change that Fuel filter. No Excuses. Get 'er done!:bananasmi

too hot here to do that stuff now ! I do all this work in the fall before the winter hits a complete vehicle inspection and fluids/filters...

GM has no schedule for fuel filter replacing that's the reason people get stuck !

DeltaP
07-04-2014, 04:51 PM
People get stuck because they dont put a nickel into their cars except for stereos, speakers and maybe wheels. ( no one on this forum of course). Then when it breaks down they say what a piece of crap it is and "I'll never buy another _______ again". They seem to have plenty of $$ for new phones and shoes! But that works for me... I get to fix 'em and listen to them piss and moan about how much it's gonna cost. Most people dont understand the meaning of MAINTENANCE.

j cAT
07-05-2014, 04:45 PM
People get stuck because they dont put a nickel into their cars except for stereos, speakers and maybe wheels. ( no one on this forum of course). Then when it breaks down they say what a piece of crap it is and "I'll never buy another _______ again". They seem to have plenty of $$ for new phones and shoes! But that works for me... I get to fix 'em and listen to them piss and moan about how much it's gonna cost. Most people dont understand the meaning of MAINTENANCE.

I blame the manufactures for most of these problems. last time I purchased a vehicle was over 14 years ago. the GM sales guy kept saying this vehicle requires little maintenance .. like 5 yr 150k miles on the dexcool / 100,000mile on plugs etc... this is all B/S !

like I stated GM says , replace the fuel filter [if you have one ??] when the engine has operating problems well that was before alcohol gas came out... with the alcohol fuels fuel filter replacing for some is a yearly task... that's how bad the fuel is with particles growing in it..

Most people that are new to motor vehicles do not want to pay for maintenace this is true.. I having worked in a garage have seen brake rotors worn into the calipers ??? time to fix the brakes car does not stop good...tires worn so bad that the steel is showing etc..

Rick Norwood
07-08-2014, 08:41 AM
I blame the manufactures for most of these problems. last time I purchased a vehicle was over 14 years ago. the GM sales guy kept saying this vehicle requires little maintenance .. like 5 yr 150k miles on the dexcool / 100,000mile on plugs etc... this is all B/S !

like I stated GM says , replace the fuel filter [if you have one ??] when the engine has operating problems well that was before alcohol gas came out... with the alcohol fuels fuel filter replacing for some is a yearly task... that's how bad the fuel is with particles growing in it..

Most people that are new to motor vehicles do not want to pay for maintenace this is true.. I having worked in a garage have seen brake rotors worn into the calipers ??? time to fix the brakes car does not stop good...tires worn so bad that the steel is showing etc..I remember when alcohol was first introduced to gasoline. I was told that the alcohol will disolve the varnish off of the inside of the tank, and guess where it ends up, in the fuel filter. There are a number of emissions reducing additives and solvents in gasoline today and God only knows what they do to your system. That is why I have been preaching to change your Fuel Filter at least once a year. It is too easy and too cheap to neglect this critical item. GM can go piss up a rope with their advice.

This is truly a pay me now, or pay me later scenario. $10 now or $400 later, Hmmmmm.

As for the vehicles without external filters, you are correct, there's nothing to change. My wife's 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan is that way. I was told the "filter", which is probably just a sock, is inside the tank. Good thing I got the warranty too.

Add your comment to this topic!