Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Taurus power windows and door locks not working

odyssey64
06-22-2014, 11:56 PM
I have a 2000 Taurus and recently the power windows and power locks stopped working. They won't work from any door switch but when I use the key fob to unllock or lock the car the locks will work. However, the windows won't work from any door switch. I didn't see a fuse marked for the windows or locks. Any help would be appreciated.

shorod
06-23-2014, 06:52 AM
There's not a common fuse between the power windows and locks. Since the driver's door window switch is the "master" I'd suspect a broken wire in the accordion boot between the driver's door and the cabin. It's a pretty common issue. If you're comfortable reading wiring diagrams and making voltage measurements along with doing some disassembly of the driver's door panel, I can send you PDF copies of the power window and power door wiring diagrams. If you want the diagrams send me a Private Message with the request AND an e-mail address for you. Since I follow multiple forums here please include the vehicle model and model year along with the request.

The fuses for the power windows are all within the Central Junction Box
- F211 (15A)
- F226 (10A)
- F210 (30A)
- Accessory relay

For the power locks in the Central Junction Box
- F216 (15A)
- F222 (20A)

-Rod

odyssey64
06-23-2014, 08:17 PM
The fuses seem to be okay. The window switch is fine because I tried a new one and got the same results. I did notice that when trying to put the driver's side window down I hear a clicking sound that seems to be coming from the "Driver One Touch Down Relay" in spot C2051. Could this be the problem?

shorod
06-23-2014, 10:11 PM
The one touch relay would not prevent the other windows from working, or the locks. My prime suspicion is still a broken wire or two between the door and cabin.

The wiring diagrams will be on their way to you shortly....

-Rod

Jholttum
04-26-2017, 08:07 PM
Could I please get a copy of those files as well I'm having the same issues

shorod
05-02-2017, 06:47 AM
Could I please get a copy of those files as well I'm having the same issues

Sure, but as I mentioned in the post above, I need to know where to send them along with a reminder of what I'm to send.

-Rod

Jholttum
05-02-2017, 06:57 AM
If you could send them via email that would be awsome Jssholttum@gmail.com

shorod
05-16-2017, 01:23 PM
Yikes, I just now noticed this request. The files are on the way to your inbox.

-Rod

Add your comment to this topic!