Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Looking for parts

brklynperrez
06-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Hi I am new to this so if I make any errors please kindly help me with this...
Hi My name is Robert I have a 1999 Chevy Pickup S10 4.3 L 6cyl vortex 262 Engine. My truck was flooded by Hurricane Sandy and I am basically asking if anyone may have parts for her that they may want to sell. I have so far bought many new parts but still I have some ways to go. I have a few months to do this before my reggie is up because they won't issue me a new one until I have the truck inspected. Looking for the real deal Leave me a message here or I may give you my email. Seller must have pics and how much they willing to sell the parts for. Serious sellers please. Thank you in advance..

Crvett69
06-19-2014, 12:31 PM
if truck was salt water flooded its basically junk and will continue to have corrosion issue in the wiring and body will start to really rust out after a year or two. would be best to find another truck to swap parts to. if it was fresh water dip it might be salvagable but usually have to replace and the wiring and electronics and hope you get all the water out of the engine tranny and rear end

brklynperrez
06-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Thank you, The truck was never started after the storm hit in NY. I have took the truck apart for a complete restoration. I have already started by rinsing the entire truck with fresh water. I have pellet blasted the entire truck, grinded the chassis and powder coated and its been painted So far no rust has shown after that. Also I swap many of its parts with new parts. I rebuild the rear axle, and transmission, I have started rebuilding the engine after pellet blasting, The wires was dip into a bucket of oil right after it happen, basically what I am looking for other parts, maybe somebody is willing to sell. Hood, Seats, Dashboard, Stuff like that, Thank you for your response.

autopartshaven
06-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Let me know what parts you need and what colors. We're not all that far from you in NJ.

johnbradshow
07-21-2015, 05:15 PM
I bought some of my car lighting parts and accessories from Xtralights online and they are very cheap and good selection, give them a try...

NewestNickTeam
08-15-2015, 07:52 PM
You could always look here for truck tires: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1143436

johnbradshow
09-23-2015, 05:09 PM
I would also check ebay for some cheap parts

Add your comment to this topic!