Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need help buying compact SUV

sriram88
06-10-2014, 11:22 PM
Hi,
Being my first new car purchase, I am trying to get some info on compact SUVs. After having looked at several compact SUVs under $30k, I have shortlisted a few. I am from NY and like to ski, so AWD is a must. Should sit 5 people comfortably along with their ski gear and who doesn't want gas mileage. Based on this here are my options:
1. Honda CRV AWD -Dependable but is the AWD really that good?
2. Mazda CX-5 GT - A lot of reviews say its really sporty and great on gas but I am not sure about Mazda's reliability because no one I know owns a Mazda.
3. Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited- can't go wrong here on AWD and reliability but I have driven it before and it doesn't feel that nimble and interiors are not great.

Did I miss any other great car? Which one is the best among these? Please help.

Oldbearcat
08-07-2014, 09:59 PM
I just replaced my 2010 CRV with a 2015 Mazda CX-5 after doing research and test drives. The performance, handling, and fuel economy of the CX-5 are superior to the current version of the CR-V.

Regards:
Oldbearcat

DeltaP
08-13-2014, 10:02 AM
I agree on the Subaru and the CX-5. Have you considered the Hyundai Santa Fe Sport? Interior is roomier than either of the other 2 although not quite as quick off the line as the CX-5. It handles nimbly and has all wheel drive, traction control, electronic stability control, brake assist, and seats 5 easily. Less $$ than the Honda with a better warranty. JMHO

Add your comment to this topic!