Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 cirra c ooling fan not running with ac on and compressor is running

chieftom
06-10-2014, 09:25 PM
my cierra this week started having not so cold air coming out vents I gauged the system and was 60low 200hi discharged till it got to 40 low and 150 hi but vents still at 50deg today rang my bell and checked the condenser fan for running it was not so I hot wired it and fan motor is good I tried to locate the relay for that fan but could not get info . usually the vents temp is 20-30deg prior brrr compressor and drier replaced it in'11 can I get help finding relay and or circuit info thanks :rolleyes: oh engine fan is on comp running but not condenser fan .

brcidd
06-11-2014, 08:01 AM
The a/c system waits till 275 psi head pressure to turn on electric coolant fan- so your a/c pressure must be low- or your compressor is incapable of producing enough pressure. 60 psi low side with copressor running is not good- removing refrigerant is only going to make it worse..

chieftom
06-11-2014, 10:47 AM
thanks for the pressure vs fan info what I did is added ref to see if things would get better at first pressure went up on low side and hi side went up aloso so I removed what I added to get low side down and it dropped to 40 and hi went down also to 150 then inside temp was 40 at vent but on hot day cooled to only 55 I think ill evac the system and start from std charge if compressor is bad would it do nothing ? how abt any sensor to stroke the compressor ? is that possible ? thinking that I need to get pressures lowat 25-35 and hi 100 + amb is normal it was that last year maybe it is bad comp its only 2yrs from new thank you for your inpot tom

Tech II
06-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Rule of thumb is, start car cold, turn you system to vent(this keeps the A/C off), and turn your system to full cold......this brings in ambient air......now turn the A/C on.....ambient air should drop a minimum of 30F.....

So if ambient air was 90F, the air with A/C on, should drop to at least 60F....if it 60F or less, the A/C is working OK....

Output air from your registers, depends on ambient air temp, humidity, and running pressure in your system....

http://acprocold.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Temp-pressure-chart-33776F1.jpg

chieftom
06-11-2014, 06:03 PM
tech 11 thanks for the chart and refreshing my memory I been retired tech for 12 yrs and been away from the trade awhile I hope this test will help me resolve my issue tom

chieftom
06-20-2014, 06:46 PM
replaced orfice tube ,flushed and charged and is fine thanks all for help and refresher :smokin:

brcidd
06-20-2014, 09:16 PM
Unless you fixed your leak, you will see it happen again....just sayin

Add your comment to this topic!