Page updated on 11-18-2017

camber adjustments

GTRfan01
06-07-2014, 09:57 PM
Ive used the search function but cant find what im after.

who out there has adjusted the front camber on a simple fujimi kit??

basically, Ive never attempted to adjust the camber on a 1/24 kit before and just wanted some advise before i start hacking away.

its a very basic fujimi kit with struts at the front (i only want to adjust the front)
being a fujimi, the 'axle' for the front wheels are glued into a recess in the brake disk.
am i right that i can just glue this axle in on the angle i want and thats it? or will i need to adjust the angle of the whole strut and adjust mounting points on lower wishbones and steering rack?

thanks in advance.

GTRfan01
06-16-2014, 07:01 AM
nobody?
i guess i'll just wing it then....

Mr Plumb
06-16-2014, 11:43 AM
You could extend the lower arm out and drill a small hole for the suspension part to slide into. Same with the wheel arch area, drill a new hole further toward the center of the car :)

Hope this helps

GTRfan01
06-18-2014, 07:10 AM
thanks

chato de shamrock
06-20-2014, 12:09 AM
I did this three months ago on Fujimi's S14 kit because i'm going to use Kiwami kit tires from an Aoshima kit. What a pain in the ass buddy. I spent about a week on each end of the car hacking, grilling, gluing styrene and puttying things up. I really don't think i'd do this again even though I like and would buy aoshima wheel kits just for the kiwami tires (if they came with the wheels).

Add your comment to this topic!