Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Loose Steering

dezso3
06-04-2014, 03:13 PM
I seem to have a major problem with the steering. Unfortunately, I hit a lot of potholes since I leased the car brand new in March. I live in New Jersey, and this winter has been especially harsh. The snowplows caused a lot of damage to the roads, and in turn to my steering, and now it is very loose (too much play). I took it to Planet Honda, and they attempted to repair it for nearly $100, and while it is somewhat better than before, it is still out of alignment. After that, I took it to a private mechanic, and they also did a tire rotation and wheel alignment, and it, too, helped, but it still wasn't enough to fix it completely. Finally, I took it to back to Planet Honda for the second time, and they test drove it, checked it with an wheel alignment device, and determined that it was fine, even though it's clearly not. I have to turn the steering wheel a lot more than normal, especially when I am making a left turn, and every time I do I feel like I'm going to inadvertently swerve over the yellow divider. What the heck should I do now? :shakehead

Add your comment to this topic!