Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1999 suburban 1500 4x4

mjdemaris
06-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Hey guys, I've noticed from other threads that there could be several items that cause interior lights to stay on, but I didn't see any that mentioned a clicking noise in the dash.

First, a quick history. Months ago, i got a random engine misfire. over several months, as time permitted, I replaced various items ( the cheapest first) and checked O2 sensors. I just replaced the cap and rotor a couple of days ago and started it up today.

Now, it seems to run fine, except that I hear a clicking noise in the dash. Occasionally, the airbag light came on in time with the first few clicks, then the airbag light flashed. I turned on the interior lights using the dimmer switch, but they would not go off, even when I pressed the override button.

Also, ever since I started working on it, the radio will not work. I was never able to turn the radio off from the time I bought it, but I cannot turn it on, now.

Lastly, a few weeks ago, after checking the coil and voltage to the coil, I reconnected the battery and all the doors locked automatically (leaving my keys inside was a bad idea!).

So, what could be causing the clicking (relay?), why can't I get the radio on, and why won't the interior lights go off? Possibly connected symptoms?

Mike

777stickman
06-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Since you're having trouble with the interior lights, I would suspect the Interior Lights Control Module is where the clicking is coming from. It is located under the center of the I/P. It is powered by the GAUGES fuse #4 in the I/P fuse block. Pull this fuse and see if the clicking stops. You'll have to put the key in the "RUN" position to check it.

As to your light & radio issues??

Check out this site for factory manuals to help you trouble shoot your issues.

http://alldatadiy.com/

Add your comment to this topic!