Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Tahoe Air Inlet Valve Actuator

dafbush
05-27-2014, 08:52 PM
After turning the temp controls to full hot and then back to cold, the heat blows full hot and won't cool down during the trip. The rear AC works fine as long as the front AC is on (but running hot). I am told it is the Air Inlet Valve Actuator (AC Delco part number 15-72506). I am looking for advice to validate this and help location this part and replacing it.

brcidd
05-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Your air inlet actuator drives the door that decides the source of your air-- outside or inside the cabin..

Your issue is the temperature door actuator- does it move? is temp door stuck? remove actuator, see if it rotates 30 degrees or so- then see if you can move door.

Your Tahoe is known to have temp door (or blend door) issues, as it has an aftermarket fix set up by our good friends at heater treater...does this description sound familiar?

http://www.heatertreater.net/magento/index.php/chevrolet/tahoe/00-12/chevrolet-tahoe-00-12.html

j cAT
05-28-2014, 08:13 AM
After turning the temp controls to full hot and then back to cold, the heat blows full hot and won't cool down during the trip. The rear AC works fine as long as the front AC is on (but running hot). I am told it is the Air Inlet Valve Actuator (AC Delco part number 15-72506). I am looking for advice to validate this and help location this part and replacing it.

I have found on my vehicle the same exact issue. when on hot , hot air coming out , now too hot so I reduce the temp down. temp will not go down still too hot.

The temp door motor is binding on the door interface rod. I shimed the door motor module to have a space so that it will not bind / problem fixed.

I guess when the ducting gets hot the plastic changes shape/size then it binds.

post back if your successful. I used small washers ..

Add your comment to this topic!