Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1998 Sonoma no headlights, no front turn signals after head gasket repair and radiator replacement

darnold
05-19-2014, 07:48 PM
I blew the head gasket on my 1998 Sonoma 2.2 liter 171,000 miles. I had the head gasket repaired, new radiator put in, water pump, thermostat put in all at the same time. Now my headlights (low and high beam) and both front turn signals do not work. My brake lights and my rear turn signals work but with the fast flashing, indicating trouble with another bulb. Also the high beam indicator light stays lit on the cluster in the cab. It doesn't go off when I flick the arm back and forth. All lights were working fine before the repair.

I have checked all fuses and they are all good. Checked bulbs and none are blown. Could a wire or wires have been damaged during the repairs? Relays? I did have an aftermarket alarm on the truck but it was disconnected months ago when the remote control broke and I didn't want to spend $50 to replace it, and like I said all lights were working fine up to the day before the repair. I just want to have some suggestions when I take my truck back to the repair person because when I called him and told him about the problem he was dumbfounded and flabbergasted and told me to check the fuses and other than that he couldn't figure out why the lights wouldn't work because he didn't mess with anything other than the above parts.

Any help/tips/suggestions anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

FishFind
05-19-2014, 10:46 PM
sounds like you forgot to connect a wire or a ground wire the back ones would still workcheck the wires going from the headlights and trace them I believe the connect in the fuse box under the hood make sure it didn't pull out the plug on the fuse box or maybe you did not seed it correctly

Add your comment to this topic!