Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How to add keyless entry?

kaspr
04-28-2014, 11:04 AM
2000 Intrigue, did not come equipped with Remote Keyless Entry option.

I bought an OEM remote FOB transmitter. What else would I need to get at a salvage yard - anything besides the keyless entry receiver/module? Where would this be installed?

Any programming needed at a dealer? Does the BCM need programming?

Or would an aftermarket keyless entry system be cheaper/easier? Any recommendations?

Tech II
04-28-2014, 05:04 PM
Go aftermarket....

brcidd
04-28-2014, 07:02 PM
So much easier to go aftermarket The Bay has them for $30 and adds light flash, horn honk, whatever you want - super easy to install and much longer range than the OEMss-- I'd put a remote starter on it that has keyless entry for another $20..If it were mine..

aleekat
04-28-2014, 07:15 PM
I recommend crimestoppers. You can actual check their website or call their tech support and see what they recommend. I added to a dodge, keyless, remote start, alarm. Lifetime warranty.

kaspr
04-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Will the wiring for the aftermarket keyless module go into the wires that come from the BCM?

Is there a wiring diagram for this car that shows what color wires are for what?

Tech II
04-29-2014, 08:08 AM
A wiring diagram should come with the kit.....if you need a wiring diagram for your car, go to any GM dealership, and ask for the specific diagram that you need, and they can print it up for you....

You can get "limited" diagrams from AutoZone.com, just by registering....

Add your comment to this topic!