Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Lesabre suspension noise, 132K

Ralph50
04-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Hello all,
This noise has me stumped.
The frequency of noise seemed like the sway bar bushing. I fixed these and still making noise. Almost sounds like a something vibrating against the heat shield, but nothing. Seems to be front right. in the last year replaced the upper bearing struts. Shocks 4 years old. I have pushed the brakes and sound does not go away. In fact some days i drive the car and there is no noise. I just lowered the car. Looked at everything. cant find any issues. I will take any ideas. Just dont say its the Knueter valve.

gmtech1
04-10-2014, 06:50 PM
You haven't let us know under what conditions the noise occurs, but pretty much any rubber bushing in the suspension is capable of causing noises. Does it seem to happen more often when the outside temps are cooler?

Tech II
04-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Is it a squeak or a clunk?

Ralph50
04-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Sorry for not explaining the noise, it happens when driving about 25 mpg going over mild or small bumps. Yesterday I heard a scraping noise when turning left so I think the noise is coming from the front right hub bearing assy. this would explain the noise. I will replace the bearing and see what happens.

Ralph50
07-28-2014, 09:08 PM
Replaced the LH wheel bearing.
noise not fixed
July 25, 2016 update, the noise was the front body mount. Its above the plastic shield that covers the front of the engine or radiator. Cant see it without taking this cover off. I cut a round disc from some old vinyl siding and put above the big rubber mount. or put a big steel washer above the very top washer. Must somehow compress the rubber further and noise is gone.

maxwedge
07-29-2014, 08:39 AM
Needless to say from our desks, road based noises are almost impossible to diagnose, I would get it on a lift and go over everything related in that are you seem to have pinpointed.

Tech II
07-29-2014, 08:05 PM
You said the noise is coming from the right side and you replaced the LH side?

This is how you detect wheel bearing noise, which tends more to be a roaring sound....

Drive the vehicle up to speed where the noise is loudest, usually 30-40 mph...

Now on a straight away, SAFELY, turn the steering wheel slightly left and then slightly right......If the noise gets louder in one direction, and then lessens when turning in the opposite direction, then it usually is a bearing.....if this is the noise symptom you are hearing, you replaced the wrong bearing...

Tutype
08-10-2014, 06:39 PM
It sounds as if it may be your rear body mount(s). Check out this link it solved my problem. There's a mount on both dr's and pass' sides:
http://www.pontiacbonnevilleclub.com/forum/2000-2005-other-than-gxp/topic33538.html

Add your comment to this topic!