Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 Chevy C2500 Suburban 350 V8 Hydroboost brakes.....truck pulls hard left

NADCguy83
04-05-2014, 09:50 PM
This problem is driving me nuts. The truck WAS pulling HARD left under braking. I replaced the hydroboost unit, the rotors (both sides), pads, calipers (both sides, and yes I greased the slides and everything) as well as the brakes hoses on both sides. The truck still pulls slightly to the left while braking as well as it seems to drag a little after coming to a stop. I have also inspected all of the hard lines on both sides for kinks and have bled everything until it flowed clear fluid with no bubbles. HELP! ABS pump/module maybe? It's got me confused.

Schurkey
04-07-2014, 03:18 AM
How are the rear brakes?

Chevy-SS
04-07-2014, 09:03 AM
If it's pulling left, it most always means a problem with the RIGHT side brakes. Obviously, start with caliper, rotor, pads. Then carefully bleed and triple-check all lines - maybe a hard line on the right side got crushed somehow and is restricting fluid flow. If someone has recently done work underneath truck, there's always a chance that they bent/crushed a line inadvertently.

Good luck

thzpcs
05-18-2014, 08:44 PM
There's 2 separate parts of the master cylinder, one for each side of the car. There could be an issue with the MC, or as others suggested, and issue with the lines on the right side of the car

Schurkey
05-19-2014, 10:46 AM
There's 2 separate parts of the master cylinder, one for each side of the car. There could be an issue with the MC, or as others suggested, and issue with the lines on the right side of the car
The master cylinder isn't split for the two sides of the "car". It's split front/rear.

Add your comment to this topic!