Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99' Cherokee Not starting can't figure....

Pandorakitt
03-26-2014, 01:52 AM
So Parked it 12 months ago because clutch blew and we had to wait for the money to fix it ( we were worried it might be the transmission) Anyway it was fine when we parked it and we did let it run a couple times. Today we fixed the whole clutch set and that's great but the car won't turn over it wants to but won't. The battery has a charge, we drained the old gas and put new in tried putting starter fluid on the air filter and that didn't work either. The two guys who are helping me say it isn't the starter because it's trying it's just not quite getting there. Any bright ideas? This Jeep is my project so I feel bad I had to park it but I want her to live again :smile:

Pandorakitt
03-26-2014, 11:42 AM
More info: So the starter isn't clicking but somehow (don't ask me how) they know it's not the starter by the way the car is behaving. It's cranking and trying to turn Over but not there yet. Everything got cleaned and plugged in right so the crankshaft isn't the problem either. As long as I know what to look for or if you have something I should try let me know Thank you.

Add your comment to this topic!