Page updated on 11-18-2017

AXIA Skyline GT-R Gr.A broken parts

mn80228
03-21-2014, 03:31 PM
So I just received the AXIA Skyline kit, and thanks to the USPS I have a crushed box.

Opened it up, and guess which two pieces are broken.....
Yep, the body shell, right at the wind-screen posts, and the windscreen itself.....

GREAT....

If it had been a shock absorber or something, not such a big problem.

Now I know the kit was produced back around 1991, and Tamiya isn't likely to have replacement parts laying around.....

So my question is... Will the body shell and windshield from a GT-R R32 work as a replacement?

I think I can find that a lot easier.
And I am afraid if I turn it in with the USPS for the insurance, they will obviously want the kit itself.
So if I can replace the parts easier with a donor kit, and keep all the racing goodies, that would be my preference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

NewTom
03-21-2014, 07:45 PM
So my question is... Will the body shell and windshield from a GT-R R32 work as a replacement?

Yes, it will. The 2 kits share most of the parts! The body and the windshield are the same! Good luck getting those parts!

Mr Plumb
03-22-2014, 05:13 AM
I have a HKS R32 body and windscreen untouched if you would like them ?

mn80228
06-03-2014, 09:26 AM
Still trying to source an R32 body shell to replace the cracked one that I received thanks to the Post Office.

Anybody have one that they could be convinced to part with?

jano11
06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
Still trying to source an R32 body shell to replace the cracked one that I received thanks to the Post Office.

Anybody have one that they could be convinced to part with?

In the post above yours Mr Plumb was proposing you a body shell and a windscreen.

mn80228
06-03-2014, 04:04 PM
In the post above yours Mr Plumb was proposing you a body shell and a windscreen.

He had said he had one he could either sell or get to me, but never did.
Messages stopped coming back.

Anybody have one for sale? Still need one.

petesy
06-03-2014, 10:12 PM
I have one with a slightly warped roof. I guess it is fixable but I just don't have time.

If you want it you can have it for free.

GTRfan01
06-07-2014, 09:50 PM
any tamiya r32 body will replace yours, the gr.A versions just come with different parts in the kit...
so either a standard tamiya r32 gtr or remember there are plenty of others around that will be a similar kit that arnt as hard to find as your axia..... the calsonic gr.a for example.
i even scored some zexel group N r32's cheap as they arnt as sought after but are very similar to the gr.a kit.

Add your comment to this topic!