Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

stalling

Raccoonmama1
03-14-2014, 10:36 PM
My daughter's '914 K2500 pickup will run great most of the time but occasionally, it will quit while she is driving and she has to play with the gas pedal to keep it going. The first couple times it happened, we ran some carb cleaner through it and it got better.
This time it didn't help. Today she was driving and it was fine, then kept quitting. It stopped 17 times in a 12 mi. stretch.
Any ideas what it may be?

ASJT3
03-15-2014, 10:54 AM
My daughter's '914 K2500 pickup will run great most of the time but occasionally, it will quit while she is driving and she has to play with the gas pedal to keep it going. The first couple times it happened, we ran some carb cleaner through it and it got better.
This time it didn't help. Today she was driving and it was fine, then kept quitting. It stopped 17 times in a 12 mi. stretch.
Any ideas what it may be?

Need more information on the engine, but assuming it's a 350....have you checked the plugs, wires, distributor cap/rotor, and checked for vacuum leaks?

Raccoonmama1
03-15-2014, 11:55 AM
It is a 350, no vac leaks, plugs are ok, haven't check the other things for a couple months

j cAT
03-15-2014, 12:44 PM
It is a 350, no vac leaks, plugs are ok, haven't check the other things for a couple months

what is the year and also the injection type ?

If the engine runs good then suddenly cuts out. no codes then you must check for bad fuel/pressures/fuel filter[cut open inspect] ...

I know that many run there vehicles with low fuel levels. if this is whats going on then the fuel system is a good guess !
[1/3 IS THE LOWEST IN THE FUEL TANK]

Add your comment to this topic!