Page updated on 11-19-2017

Calling any Aussies with a spray booth

countach79
03-14-2014, 08:21 PM
I'm in need of a spray booth
I have a cheap ebay job but after reading some stories of exploding paint fumes I've decided to look for a better unit

I have read all the threads on spray booths and I'm not interested in building my own

I have found one in the uk that comes highly recommended by everyone, the graphic air a300s but at $700 AUD posted, it's very expensive

Just wondering if any of my fellow Aussies have a cheaper setup?

I will pay the 700 if I have too but if there's a similar but cheaper option in Australia, that would be better

I can get the a300s here but they want $1400!

I spray all kinds of paint including the hot paints

Thanks for any help

potsie
03-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Hey Mate,

I have the Tamiya booth, which is quite nice with two fans and good size. I think the place was tamiyashop.com, but not 100% sure. At the GP at the moment but will check when I get home on Monday. I did have to buy a voltage converter as it is 110V but even with that it was less than $500 all up.

SmokeyR67
03-15-2014, 02:31 AM
G'Day mate,

I've got 2 of these http://www.hobbytools.com.au/airbrush-spray-booth-suit-case-style/
that I use spraying lacquer all the time, been using them for a few years and I'm still explosion free:)

RonCla
03-15-2014, 05:59 AM
G'Day mate,

I've got 2 of these http://www.hobbytools.com.au/airbrush-spray-booth-suit-case-style/
that I use spraying lacquer all the time, been using them for a few years and I'm still explosion free:)

I've been using the same for a few years as well, throwing everything from auto lacquer to 2 pack at it without an issue

countach79
03-15-2014, 06:57 AM
Cheers boys
Potsie, I found the tamiya booth, I think I had the knock off version of this booth it only cost around 40 bucks so I never really trusted it

Smokey and roncla, cheers fellas, I've seen this booth on evil bay for around 90 posted
Not sure if it's the real deal or a copy tho

Can you blokes tell me if when using these booths, if you still get the smell of paint in the room or do the fans extract all the smell?

The reviews I have been reading on the a300s say you pretty much can't smell anything

Thanks again :)

SmokeyR67
03-19-2014, 02:09 AM
Countach

There is a smell, particularly with lacquers, but it;s almost imperceptible.

I doubt that any booth will get rid of all the odour's, but with the 2 linked together I really don't notice it - it's no worse than opening a bottle of your favorite brew.

RonCla
03-19-2014, 03:45 AM
Countach

There is a smell, particularly with lacquers, but it;s almost imperceptible.

I doubt that any booth will get rid of all the odour's, but with the 2 linked together I really don't notice it - it's no worse than opening a bottle of your favorite brew.

X2 on that

countach79
03-19-2014, 08:14 AM
Thanks fellas! :cheers:

SmokeyR67
03-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Thanks fellas! :cheers:
No worries

Add your comment to this topic!