If you have any recommendations... please send them to me.

Spaze
06-24-2003, 11:41 PM
My current car is a Kia, Rio... I have the rims... I have the wing. Now I need to increase the Horses... I'm having a terrible time coming up with decisions and getting my information straight.

The Engine is a 1.5 L Inline 4 with a DOHC...

If you can provide me with any information... any performance parts you have seen becoming available for a 2001 Rio, can you send the information my way.

One thing I need help on is deciding on the Exhaust system right now.

I went to the shop and the guy is telling me I shouldn't put a Flow Master in the car... They told me it was no good for an Inline 4. So he tried to recommend some other muffler... Zeener... or something like that.

Maybe you can help me make better sense of this... I'm worried about taking away too much back pressure... I have concerns about taking out the CAT... because it has TWO O2 sensors... A Free Flow CAT is something I'm not very intrested in. I was told the cost versus the flow would not be worth it.

Do you think I will be okay to loosen the flow on a 1.5 L DOHC I-4??

HAS ANY ONE SEEN A NEW CHIP FOR THIS CAR???? Do you have a website that you know of...

This is just the beginning of the help I need. It is very troublesome to locate anything for this KIA.... please don't tell me to buy another car!! Hahahaha! If you have some positive feedback, drop me a line if you have the time. Appreciate it.

fordfasterr
06-26-2003, 12:21 AM
If I had your car this is what i would do, get a free flowing muffler along with a complete 2 1/4 inch cat-back exhaust system.

leave the cats alone, but if your car has a SECOND cat, then remove it... that would be the cat farthest away from the engine...

next, i would get a cold air intake, i would custom make it from an accord / civic intake, they are easy to find and you can cut them with a hacksaw easily.

thats about it for now... good luck, and post some pictures of your car ! !!

i'm interested in seeing your engine pics and interior pics.

Add your comment to this topic!