Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Camry CE 4cyl 5sp - came with no fobs, want to add

sbagdon
03-09-2014, 03:11 PM
How do I identify if a 2000 Camry CE 4cyl 5sp has factory keyless remote? And if it does, if it is just remote-entry, or is there some sort of alarm fuctionality? Or did every vehicle have the same type of keyless remote / alarm?

Purchased this car, yet it came with no remotes. Want to identify if the previous-owners lost them, and I just need to purchase new ones and re-program, or if the vehicle never came with the option... then I'll start another thread on how to add it via a pick-and-pull visit. : )

Thanks!

Mike Gerber
03-09-2014, 03:46 PM
I think your best bet to find out if the car came with keyless entry from the factory is to call Toyota corporate at 1-800-331-4331 and speak to customer service. They call it The Customer Experience Center. Have your car's VIN ready to give them. They should also be able to tell you if it was available on your base model or if it can be added. If not you can look in to aftermarket keyless entry. I added aftermarket keyless entry to my 94 some years ago.

Mike

sbagdon
03-10-2014, 02:02 PM
I think your best bet to find out if the car came with keyless entry from the factory is to call Toyota corporate at 1-800-331-4331 and speak to customer service. They call it The Customer Experience Center. Have your car's VIN ready to give them. They should also be able to tell you if it was available on your base model or if it can be added. If not you can look in to aftermarket keyless entry. I added aftermarket keyless entry to my 94 some years ago.

Mike
Well, wow. Called, they created a profile and assigned the vin to it, then looked up the info, and said that the car did come with keyless remote entry, from the factory. So yes, I just have to buy some fobs.

Interestingly, they did say they could not get/give me a copy of the original window-sticker, yet that wasn't that big of a deal. As long as they can definitively say the car came with fobs, that just means I can buy new fobs, and re-program them. Sure beats buying fobs, and finding out it didn't come with the receiver!

Add your comment to this topic!