Page updated on 07-22-2018

any of you amazing smart girls wanna teach me?

Northie
06-24-2003, 08:44 PM
hey, so im a guy, im 19, i have no car, but im dying to get a 99 honda prelude. but anyways, i was wondering if i might be able to come to any of you ladies for help. you see i basically know dick about cars, and i never claim to. so, if anyone of you girls would perhaps email me, or write a post and teach me a thing or two, hey, id love it alot. besides, i think its pretty wicked getting taught this stuff from a girl. it beats my brother. hahaha, aw.:frown:

BullShifter
07-09-2003, 12:24 AM
:iceslolan :screwy:

hotice318ti
07-09-2003, 02:27 PM
sorry..... don't know what to teach u cuz i'm still learning little by little as well....

but just wanna let you know something about 5th gen preludes ... i read it on the preludeonline forum...

they said that 97-99 prelude might face serious transmission failure if it's an Sports Shift Automatic... and "several of them happen under 100,000 miles."

from what i've read, it seems like a big problem considering the fact that the tranny will fail again if you get it fix at the local inexperience shop... there're 2 or 3 companies that have been rebuilding the tranny for 5th gen. preludes, but even the cheaper one costs about 3700 or so...

maybe you might wanna do some research on it before you buy the 99 lude... we (me n my bf) didn't know about that problem until after he got the car... and now we're kinda worry about it....

but then again, this doesn't happen to all of the 5th gen. preludes so hopefully, it won't happen to ours....

good luck! n have fun driving when you get ur lude cuz they're wondful driving machines.... oh yea, we had the 4th gen. lude n drove it til 195000 miles n never had any problems! engine runs like the new lude! of course we took care of it like a baby!

iNgLi$
07-09-2003, 04:48 PM
ya, watch out with the tranny if u go with the SS Auto. I had to go auto cuz of all of the stop and go traffic on the QEW during rush-hour. I have had no trouble with the tranny and the car has just over 200K. Just make sure when u buy the car that it is in good shape and the owner treated it well. Remember to keep up with the maintenance and ur car will live long. Anywayz, i gotta start rebuilding my engine, good luck with ur car buying...

BullShifter
07-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Honda auto trans SUCK for 1998 & newer! V6 accord/ody are the worst. honda had to extend the warrany from 3yr/36k to 7yr/100K for auto trans LOL

I had many ludes come in due to bad tranny's, hopefully you have an ext. warranty & very simple mods. Even the manual's were grinding into 5th.

Preludes are nice cars but after seeing so many problems & how expensive the repairs bills are -- NO THANKS

iNgLi$
07-10-2003, 01:52 PM
i have been very lucky with my prelude, the only repair i needed was the passenger side window motor shorted out... Thats it... (Knock on wood) :biggrin2:

Frostbyte
07-10-2003, 07:30 PM
That is one sad moron.

iNgLi$
07-10-2003, 09:42 PM
:iagree: :werd:

importgrlie
07-11-2003, 12:57 PM
you are one sad bitch frostbite... atleast he can atdmit he knows nothing about cars, and that he wants to learn.

BullShifter
07-11-2003, 03:18 PM
seems desperate to me, looking for some booty:tongue:

BLU CIVIC
07-11-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by jackasssi

:iagree: wants you to play the tennis instructor :iceslolan i could be wrong:grinno:

CivicLeader
08-07-2003, 10:42 PM

:iagree:...couldn't have said it better myself...
No offense to you ladies out there...I know first hand that there are many out there who know their sht...but this is just a bit much, don't cha' think...
Anyhow...
My '97 civic grind's into third..had it looked at and was told that the synchro's were off...they (Honda) thightend them dwn but still grinding...
Going for a ACT competition clutch....
CL
:2cents:

gotvtecrx
08-14-2003, 04:13 AM

:iagree::loser: :iagree: :loser:

girlsrace2
09-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Here is a good thing to remember....

Never say that you have "headers"....you only have a header!

Notice there is no "s" at the end!

Good thing to keep in mind!

BullShifter
09-25-2003, 11:20 PM
LOL what if its not an inline 4 banger?

Add your comment to this topic!