Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Windshield Washer Fluid Tank/Reservoir

ellev8or
02-28-2014, 06:34 AM
92 PA Base

These past few months being up north has taught me a grave lesson while being in the snow.

The washer fluid became frozen in the reservoir and I learned after refilling it with the 'No Freeze' fluid and the fluid leaking out within a few minutes, that there was a crack somewhere on the reservoir.

I haven't removed the reservoir yet to locate exactly where the crack is located on the reservoir but my question is:
Can any of you auto experts help me with locating a distributor, warehouse or auto parts store where I may purchase a new reservoir? I've checked AutoZone, Napa, and all the other stores and they don't carry it. I've searched online via Ebay, GM Parts sites and others and nothing. I've checked the locate auto salvage yards and nothing. This is unbelievable-a simple part as this can't be found anywhere.

Any and all recommendations are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

gmtech1
02-28-2014, 07:45 AM
http://www.newgmparts.com/oem-part/oem-gm/washer-reservoir/22122557?mobile=1

31.49 from here. Shows to have some.

ellev8or
03-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Thanks a lot!

I ordered it soon as I got your response.

I should receive it today.

Tech II
03-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Sometimes you get what you pay for.......I have seen w/f freeze, obviously the cheap stuff......when I first started in this trade, GM had their "own" w/F....they still do......I think it was sold by the quart.....was very expensive compared to stuff you by at KMART.....sometimes, I would throw 2 in the reservoir.....customer would be upset at the cost......

Then one day, I read the label......it was like antifreeze....you were suppose to mix it with water, when installing it in the reservoir.....summer, you would use more water....winter less.....by just throwing it in undiluted and mixing with what was already in the reservoir, that stuff NEVER froze.....

GMTech1, do they still sell that stuff? I forgot the name of it....

Just had a flashback....OptiKlean......it was "concentrated" washer fluid.....

Add your comment to this topic!