Page updated on 11-22-2017

1/12 parts.. Who would be interested?

dada man
02-07-2014, 01:35 PM
Hey guys.. as the topic states Im doing a bit of research into this topic. Im planning to make some aftermarket parts for some 1/12 kits like the skylines and datsuns. So far plans are being made for wheels ( bbs, te37,ssr mkII, mkII and other old jap wheels). also different tires are being planned along with some body parts. We are still planning to go into the engine parts but we first need to see how the wheels go. So what do we need from you?? just some feedback on the topic and input.

Thanks!

joelwideqvist
02-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Are your thoughts purely car related? I can think of a few bike parts that surely would be of interest.

dino246gt
02-07-2014, 04:38 PM
Cool wheels and tires are always needed in large scales, so I'd say yes, and especially tires!

griffin-gt40
02-07-2014, 06:10 PM
1/12 wheels and tires would be nice, I've got a 1/12 Shelby Mustang to work on, and as of yet I cant find any wheel/tire combo's I like. I know Scale Motorsports did the 1/12 Thrust wheels, but not what I'm looking for. I'd love it if someone did some nice Shelby Forged 10 spokes with some nice low-pro Pirelli's........hint, hint, hint ....................

David

willimo
02-07-2014, 10:09 PM
You may have a hard time with older Japanese wheels and tires. I don't think there are a lot of vintage Japanese cars in 1:12, but I may be wrong. US cars go back to the '60s and '70s, but the Japanese kits are a mostly of 90s cars, like the Z, the RX-7, the R32, and the NSX.

That said, PLEASE! make something appropriate for an NSX in 1:12!! Ha ha.

Please.

star21
02-15-2014, 02:23 AM
I'd be interested in aftermarket wheels, engine parts, and interior parts. Specifically, I'd like to see Volk, Work, and Advan wheels with different sets of tires. Bride or Recaro seats would be great, too.

gngan
02-15-2014, 04:31 AM
I think u can adopt an "order-aution" approach if u are one/two men operations, launch a specific plan/build prototype with price and required production time, accept pre-order with 10% down payment via one/more reputable on-line shop/s as partner/s and specify the quantity of orders and auction period for u to be able to produce those items. If the quantity of orders/deposit reach ur target within the auction period, then u go ahead and produce the AF parts else u should re-fund those deposit after fees.
(I hv Tamiya 1/12 Datsun in my pile of models....)

Best

dino246gt
02-15-2014, 08:44 AM
I think TIRES are the hardest to find, wheels are out there, but they suggest the kit tires, so the kit rims become useless, so for me tires are the problem, some RC rims look great, but RC tires are too......... well, functional. Most of us can scratch some engine, suspension, interior parts in 1/12th scale, but wheels and tires are definitely out of my range of ability.

dada man
02-15-2014, 10:04 AM
well i am working along side a company. more details will be revealed once the first items are ready. We are definatly planning volks etc and tires for them .

nugundam93
02-15-2014, 08:12 PM
methinks my veilside r32 could use a rim change once i decide to repaint it (paint's cracked). :)

Add your comment to this topic!