Page updated on 11-19-2017

Revell oG kits for 2014!

Pages : [1] 2

DasWiesel
02-02-2014, 11:24 AM
At last. It was about time, weīre getting a new-mold Mk1 GTI :rofl:

VW Golf 1 GTI (http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=5&L=0&page=2&sort=0&nc=1&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=a0e0ef108415338dee7d17e29ae79522&KZSLPG=&offset=9&cmd=show&ARARTN=07072&sp=1)

VW Golf 1 Cabrio (http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=5&L=0&page=1&sort=0&nc=&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=a0e0ef108415338dee7d17e29ae79522&KZSLPG=&offset=8&cmd=show&ARARTN=07071&sp=1)

And some others:

Trabant 601 Universal (http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=5&L=0&page=1&sort=0&nc=&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=a0e0ef108415338dee7d17e29ae79522&KZSLPG=&offset=7&cmd=show&ARARTN=07070&sp=1)

Corvette C5-R Compuware (http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=5&L=0&page=1&sort=0&nc=&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=a0e0ef108415338dee7d17e29ae79522&KZSLPG=&offset=6&cmd=show&ARARTN=07069&sp=1)

Lamborghini Diablo VT (http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=5&L=0&page=1&sort=0&nc=&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=a0e0ef108415338dee7d17e29ae79522&KZSLPG=&offset=3&cmd=show&ARARTN=07066&sp=1)

Mini Cooper Winner Rally Monte Carlo 1964 (http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=5&L=0&page=1&sort=0&nc=&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=a0e0ef108415338dee7d17e29ae79522&KZSLPG=&offset=1&cmd=show&ARARTN=07064&sp=1)

And probably the most unnecessary new release :rolleyes: :

La Ferrari (http://www.revell.de/index.php?id=210&KGKANR=0&KGKOGP=10&KGSCHL=5&L=0&page=2&sort=0&nc=1&searchactive=&q=&SWO=&ARMAS4=&PHPSESSID=a0e0ef108415338dee7d17e29ae79522&KZSLPG=&offset=10&cmd=show&ARARTN=07073&sp=1)

LenWoodruff
02-02-2014, 11:33 AM
The C5R - Compuware has been out a couple of years in the USA. Maybe another version of the C6R?

Or better Yet the C7R!

lovegt40
02-02-2014, 11:39 AM
huh? what happened? after years of cool news (dtm cars) now this old suppa? ..okok..the crysis also here.Wasnt end allover?

BVC500
02-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Where's the 458 spider and SLS convertible? grrr

DasWiesel
02-02-2014, 01:54 PM
now this old suppa?

Sorry, but i couldnīt disagree more. Iīm just so happy about getting a nice Mk1 GTI.:runaround: They should have done this years ago!

lovegt40
02-02-2014, 02:40 PM
I may understand for the subject and the area. revell uses to make mostly german subjects. Other years anyway they made more stuff also for other interests.The main market should be the american one. I dunno how many there are so interested in the rabbits of the 70s.
They are cute, but maybe add something more (even german) could be much better. For theme at first.
My comment was anyway referred to the rest of the news list. since trabant going down.That to me seems a real old, cold few tasty suppa.

why not simply a porsche (street or racers) instead?

DasWiesel
02-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Make a suggestion - which model would you release which pleases everyone?

As for me, i am very happy with the RB8 and DTM M3. Then again i couldnīt understand why they made the Beetle and T1 again. You can already have several Beetles from Tamiya, Hasegawa, Gunze,...
But iīm pretty sure some people were glad about those kits and their recent rereleases, too.
I donīt expect them to do a dozen new kits a year. I like their mix of new and old kits, even if not all of them match my taste.

Just wait for it. Maybe next time there is a kit youīve waited for a long time and i will say "Oh no, why of all things..." ;)

rallymaster
02-02-2014, 04:05 PM
Guys, don't forget something: not everyone is a modeler like we are, some also build models only to spend free time or have a handful activity, and some family buy models to children for this aim. So in that case having a popular subject more than a exclusive or new subject is probably better.
Just my thoughts...

I personaly regret that Revell doesn't think to a rally golf like ESCI did in the 80's.
that would be a popular subject (golf) and please collectors modelers. :)

generationx
02-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Personally I think the Mk1 gti is a great subject, and I'm sure we'll see some great creative builds here on AF. Looking forward to the '64 mini rally too. Well done Revell!

lovegt40
02-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Make a suggestion - which model would you release which pleases everyone?

As for me, i am very happy with the RB8 and DTM M3. Then again i couldnīt understand why they made the Beetle and T1 again. You can already have several Beetles from Tamiya, Hasegawa, Gunze,...
But iīm pretty sure some people were glad about those kits and their recent rereleases, too.
I donīt expect them to do a dozen new kits a year. I like their mix of new and old kits, even if not all of them match my taste.

Just wait for it. Maybe next time there is a kit youīve waited for a long time and i will say "Oh no, why of all things..." ;)

in 15 yrs of direct selling of such stuff I've clearly seen the customers. Probably much more than anyemployer in big company. What i've seen was clear: people wanted to dream with kits.
I dont mean the enthusiast ultra skilled modeller able to create a nice car from 0, I mean the (very very few) young guys approaaching the hobby for the first time.
As well as people that wanted to make a gift to somebody else.Something to dream about, unless it is something connected to personal life experience (in this the vw bus was a stunner, really).

Also i've seen the classic (mostly german) subjects porpoused by revell, as the 500 sec, the bmw 635csi, the bmw 850,was something that use to stay in the shop with me for years.
The answer to me is quite easy: ONLY and strictly Porsche and ferrari. More the second than the first honestly.
Declined in all types and variants.There is a reason why they have the highest royalty around.
Also american muscles (the real ones) are a bestseller.They also make a lot of people dream.

Other stuff is ok for local sellings.
The Golf2 from revell is still unsold allover down here, and it was one of the most common car on the roads of the late 80s....
...also I would love to make a static model of my old rusty volvo 240 polar btw ..;)

note: this is just a talk. dont read me polemic or so on.wellcome to the new golf, also I will surely take 1.surely think u understand what I mean

CrateCruncher
02-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Well if the GTi makes some folks happy that's gotta be a good thing. That LaFerrari looks like a me-too move by RevellAG though. It's going to have to be extremely good to win out against Tamiya's. Being a Corvette fanboy I'm just not that excited about c5's anymore. Like LeWoodruff, asked where's the new c7?! That car is gorgeous.

griffin-gt40
02-02-2014, 10:49 PM
For me, personally, there isn't anything in the list of up coming releases that I am excited about. I know there's lots of VW fans out there and that's good for you guys for sure.
The Corvette, if it is the 2004 C5-R, why? They've done it already, yes I realize that ones from RM US but still same car, different box. If it is the 2004 car, hopefully they'll atleast fix the 24 hrs of Le Mans decal with the 2001 year on it. But it would be so much better if they do the C7R, cause lets face it, we don't need another C5R.
As for the Ferrari, they've got exactly 2 chances of making a better one the Tamiya, slim and none. I've not seen or bought the new Tamiya kit yet, but after seeing the builds here, sorry, you guys don't have a chance of making a better one then Tamiya. The only real possibility is that maybe, it will be a very good kit and be much cheaper then Tamiya, thus making it a possible option for some people, but for me, I will be getting the Tamiya one, their track record with Ferrari's is too good.
Not sure why RG isn't focusing more on their homegrown manufacturers, a new Porsche 911, 911 GT3, 997 and for god's sake how about a 918 spyder/GT3 car, which for me, is the sexiest thing Porsche has put to market in a long time. Even more so then the Carrera GT.
Just my thoughts.

David

nascar49
02-03-2014, 01:11 AM
huh? what happened?

What happened is Hobbico now owns Revell AG :runaround:

drunken monkey
02-03-2014, 02:50 AM
Well if the GTi makes some folks happy that's gotta be a good thing. That LaFerrari looks like a me-too move by RevellAG though. It's going to have to be extremely good to win out against Tamiya's. Being a Corvette fanboy I'm just not that excited about c5's anymore. Like LeWoodruff, asked where's the new c7?! That car is gorgeous.

that's not really fair.
Revell have been releasing kits of nearly all new Ferrari cars; the LaF is just another one in that line.

hirofkd
02-03-2014, 05:06 AM
Revell's La Ferrari makes business sense in many parts of the world because their kits are priced almost 1/2 of Tamiya's, yet the level of details and accuracy are more than a half of Tamiya. Many R-Germany car kits are fairly good, and my only gripe is the wheel mounting design.

Golf 1 is an interesting subject, and it probably provokes the sense of nostalgia.

C7 is a given, and I think it's just a matter of time until AMT and R-USA make announcements (probably along with the new Mustang and face-lifted Camaro). Corvette to US kit manufacturers is like Skyline to Japanese kit manufacturers; you know there will be duplicate kits.

lovegt40
02-03-2014, 06:24 AM
Not sure why RG isn't focusing more on their homegrown manufacturers, a new Porsche 911, 911 GT3, 997 and for god's sake how about a 918 spyder/GT3 car, which for me, is the sexiest thing Porsche has put to market in a long time. Even more so then the Carrera GT.
Just my thoughts.

David

totally agree with u David.At least there are some incredibly nice and cheap diecast around that make me wonder what big plastic manifacturers are thinking about:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-z9d3EX12-ZY/Uu97SLrP48I/AAAAAAAAUfU/IjcRoD6XZQI/w826-h510-no/WP_20140203_009.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-PXbj-_gpX6s/Uu97RO09cBI/AAAAAAAAUfM/XuUu7OOOE-g/w848-h510-no/WP_20140203_008.jpg

so sweet detailed also brakes are holed and tampo written. the cockpit has a plastic detail very looking alike CF. the best 12 euros on ebay I ever spent. arrived in 3 days from germany.

.....so why should I took a Trabby kit for 35 euros and try assembly it for no reason?:screwy:

CrateCruncher
02-03-2014, 11:38 AM
.....so why should I took a Trabby kit for 35 euros and try assembly it for no reason?:screwy:

The Trabant is my dream. Since I was small boy in GDR I dream of having such fine car. :evillol:

http://content.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1658545_1658533_1658030,00.html

Tompidom
02-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Wow thats a lot of money for a Revell Kit, Here in The netherlands they don't charge moe the 25 for a normal car kit from Revell

jano11
02-03-2014, 02:19 PM
The main market should be the american one.

Why?
PS: Nothing against the USA.

jano11
02-03-2014, 02:37 PM
in 15 yrs of direct selling of such stuff I've clearly seen the customers. Probably much more than anyemployer in big company. What i've seen was clear: people wanted to dream with kits.
I dont mean the enthusiast ultra skilled modeller able to create a nice car from 0, I mean the (very very few) young guys approaaching the hobby for the first time.
As well as people that wanted to make a gift to somebody else.Something to dream about, unless it is something connected to personal life experience (in this the vw bus was a stunner, really).

You didn't work in a toys shop isn't it?
To me it looks like most Revell kits in Europe are sold in toys shops.
The 10-20.000 model building enthusiasts are not enough market to sell 50.000 plus kits of the same subject, the masses also have to be attracted, and for that Revell is doing fine with their prices (20 Euro) vs Tamiya (50-70 Euro).

The answer to me is quite easy: ONLY and strictly Porsche and ferrari. More the second than the first honestly.
Declined in all types and variants.There is a reason why they have the highest royalty around.

Done to death by Fujimi and to some degree by Tamiya.
There are already too many of them around.

Also american muscles (the real ones) are a bestseller.They also make a lot of people dream.

Monogram, and others too, already have a larger than large offer of muscle cars.

nascar49
02-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Revell's La Ferrari makes business sense in many parts of the world because their kits are priced almost 1/2 of Tamiya's, yet the level of details and accuracy are more than a half of Tamiya. Many R-Germany car kits are fairly good, and my only gripe is the wheel mounting design.

Golf 1 is an interesting subject, and it probably provokes the sense of nostalgia.

C7 is a given, and I think it's just a matter of time until AMT and R-USA make announcements (probably along with the new Mustang and face-lifted Camaro). Corvette to US kit manufacturers is like Skyline to Japanese kit manufacturers; you know there will be duplicate kits.

The only way will see a C7 kit is if Round2 does it, or one of the Japanese companys do.

For me, personally, there isn't anything in the list of up coming releases that I am excited about. I know there's lots of VW fans out there and that's good for you guys for sure.
The Corvette, if it is the 2004 C5-R, why? They've done it already, yes I realize that ones from RM US but still same car, different box. If it is the 2004 car, hopefully they'll atleast fix the 24 hrs of Le Mans decal with the 2001 year on it. But it would be so much better if they do the C7R, cause lets face it, we don't need another C5R.
As for the Ferrari, they've got exactly 2 chances of making a better one the Tamiya, slim and none. I've not seen or bought the new Tamiya kit yet, but after seeing the builds here, sorry, you guys don't have a chance of making a better one then Tamiya. The only real possibility is that maybe, it will be a very good kit and be much cheaper then Tamiya, thus making it a possible option for some people, but for me, I will be getting the Tamiya one, their track record with Ferrari's is too good.
Just my thoughts.

David

The C5 is just a reboxed kit for the European Market, you are going to see a lot more of that now that Revell and Revell AG are under the same roof, dont expect anything great from Revell AG anymore

jano11
02-03-2014, 02:45 PM
The C5 is just a reboxed kit for the European Market, you are going to see a lot more of that now that Revell and Revell AG are under the same roof, dont expect anything great from Revell AG anymore

The C5-R has been available in Europe for several years now, along with many other re-boxed 1:25 scale Revell US kits.

jano11
02-03-2014, 02:47 PM

Exactly.
Tamiya's LaF costs about 70 Euro in a shop, compare that to the 23 -25 Euro for the Revell version and you will soon know who will sell many more kits.

DasWiesel
02-03-2014, 02:52 PM
@lovegt40
Yes, of course just talk :smokin:
To be honest i havenīt understood what you mean, yet.
Why should the main thing for Revell oG be the American market, when there is Revell/Monogram? I think itīs nice RoG and RM are changing kits from time to time, but RM would be in charge to do a C7 or C7R.
I can only speak for myself, but i canīt think of any friend of mine, who is into American cars. Most of them think theyīre rather funny, but no serious dream cars.

I would have love to see Revell making a Porsche 918 instead of another LaFerrari kit - totally agree here. But youīve said it yourself, if they want to make money, they have to do Ferraris and iīm tired of all those Ferraris.

...most Revell kits in Europe are sold in toys shops.
The 10-20.000 model building enthusiasts are not enough market to sell 50.000 plus kits of the same subject, the masses also have to be attracted, and for that Revell is doing fine with their prices (20 Euro) vs Tamiya (50-70 Euro).
Thatīs it! Revell does not have the same target customers as Tamiya. Those people donīt care about how perfect Tamiya kits are, they want a nice model kit for a fair price.

nascar49
02-03-2014, 02:59 PM
but RM would be in charge to do a C7 or C7R.

Not going to happen

The C5-R has been available in Europe for several years now, along with many other re-boxed 1:25 scale Revell US kits.
I forgot that it had been

DasWiesel
02-03-2014, 03:16 PM
Not going to happen

Why so pessimistic? Itīs a good looking car and surely would sell well as a kit in the US, donīt you think?

DasWiesel
02-03-2014, 03:17 PM
Not going to happen

Why so pessimistic? Itīs a good looking car and surely would sell well as a kit in the US, donīt you think?

lovegt40
02-03-2014, 06:10 PM
American cars. Most of them think theyīre rather funny, but no serious dream cars....

points of view :D :icon16:

https://scontent-a-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1555479_608593305876701_1846780719_n.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhcuEcMF2mSPbWZUQjGSTsG88mCsJJH 7OZycY74JwAz_lme9oe

..suspect I still prefer the still missing around model of the '72 charger than trabby.. :D

nascar49
02-03-2014, 07:58 PM

Lets hope that Round2(AMT) will do the C7

griffin-gt40
02-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Lets hope that Round2(AMT) will do the C7

I'm sure AMT (Round2) will do a street version of the new C7, they've done the last few new Corvettes and Camaros, and I'd be happy with a street version of the car for sure. But, as a sports car racing fan, that just finished watching the Rolex 24 from last weekend on Youtube, didn't get to see it live, I really want a C7R. That said, Revel has done the Corvette R's since their first modern racer from '99 so it only makes sense, one would think, that they'd continue their trend and do the C7R. But it is still early days with only 1 race under the car's belt and a full season yet to come so let's hope Revel either AG or RM do this kit for us.

Also, abit off topic, what the hell happened to ScaleAuto's 1/24 Viper slot car? They had a post early last year and still nothing. I've got one on preorder from a slotcar site, but still, no new updates. The new Viper is such a nice looking car and the GT-R version is just beast. I want one of those so bad.

David

nascar49
02-04-2014, 02:16 AM
I agree, I would love to see the C7R get kitted, what a awesome looking race car, I think the best chance at us seeing a C7 kit is going to be from Round2 under the Show Room Replica series.

DasWiesel
02-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Revell LaFerrari Testshots:

http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/testshots-vorgestellt-revells-la-ferrari-im-masstab-124/2014/

griffin-gt40
02-07-2014, 06:03 PM
I take back what I said in my first post about the La Ferrari. From the test shots is actually looks pretty good. No opening doors, but that's one of the things that will keep the kit cost down. The only potential issue I see is the chassis. I've gone through 3 of the 458's because the chassis' were warped due I guess to the manufacturing facility not allowing the casts to cool enough before packaging. The first 3 kits I got all had severely warped chassis bases, the rest of the kit was fine, but the La Ferrari chassis looks to be molded is the same way I can see potential issues in that area.

Positive side, it looks like someone at Revel has stopped drinking the Kool-Aid and finally done something about the bricks of rubber they've been passing off for tires lately. The La Ferrari ones look very good with what appears to be proper tire wall scaling and detail, and the treads look decent as well. I may have been wrong, but I'll still get a Tamiya kit. To me, it'll be worth the extra $$$.

David

ZoomZoomMX-5
02-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Revell LaFerrari looks good!

lovegt40
02-08-2014, 03:45 AM
tamiya model LaFerrari took the Modell Fan prize as kit of the year...

Mikezibit
02-08-2014, 04:49 AM
http://www.scaleproduction.de/htmlbilder/bilder/golf1.JPG

http://www.scaleproduction.de/htmlbilder/bilder/golf2.JPG

Mike :)

Mikezibit
02-08-2014, 04:51 AM
tamiya model LaFerrari took the Modell Fan prize as kit of the year...

...and Belkits for the Skoda

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=636067163107612&set=pcb.636069866440675&type=1&theater

CrateCruncher
02-08-2014, 11:40 AM

http://www.plastik-modellbau.org/blog/testshots-vorgestellt-revells-la-ferrari-im-masstab-124/2014/

This kit looks GREAT! The engine castings look better than Tamiya's version. Revell AG finally made some nice looking tread for once!!!Halaluya!

jano11
02-08-2014, 12:28 PM
I take back what I said in my first post about the La Ferrari. From the test shots is actually looks pretty good. No opening doors, but that's one of the things that will keep the kit cost down. The only potential issue I see is the chassis. I've gone through 3 of the 458's because the chassis' were warped due I guess to the manufacturing facility not allowing the casts to cool enough before packaging. The first 3 kits I got all had severely warped chassis bases, the rest of the kit was fine, but the La Ferrari chassis looks to be molded is the same way I can see potential issues in that area.

Nothing that can't be solved with some warmer water. ;)

jano11
02-08-2014, 12:30 PM

Thanks.
That looks very good, even more so when you factor in the price.

Wasn't going to pay 60 Euros for a car called LaFerrari, however for 25 Euros it will be a good deal.

lovegt40
02-08-2014, 01:38 PM
why 60 euros?
whats wrong with tamiya in austria?

http://www.hlj.com/product/tam24333

jano11
02-08-2014, 01:55 PM
why 60 euros?
whats wrong with tamiya in austria?

http://www.hlj.com/product/tam24333

Well, that's the price in the shops around here. I am fairly sure that there is no official Tamiya representation/importer in Austria, it is most probably overseen from Tamiya's representatives in Germany.

Even if I buy it from HLJ I can't get it cheaper due to all the taxes and tricks:
Kit price- 30 Euro
Postage - 11 Euro (cheapest one)
Customs - 8 Euro (20% of the price+postage)
Post perversion tax - 12 Euro - this is what the post charges to bring the parcel to the customs and then deliver it to me, even though postage was already paid for this parcel! It used to be 5 or 6 Euro 7 years ago, then it just jumped to double. It would be great if online shops would offer alternative shipping that avoids the use of the Post.

If you sum it up you get a 61 Euro price!
Prices in the shops start from this price up to 70 Euro.

The Revell at 23,90 Euro is a bargain in comparison, and it also looks good, other than those awful two part wheels. :)

PS: Also the Revell kits are designed and produced in Europe, which makes the 23,90 Euro price even more impressive.

chris24
02-08-2014, 02:13 PM
http://www.scaleproduction.de/htmlbilder/bilder/golf1.JPG

Mike :)

Hi Mike, and thx.
Are they curbside kits ?

DasWiesel
02-08-2014, 04:39 PM
..., and it also looks good, other than those awful two part wheels. :)

So true! Their recent kits are so nice, but there are still 2 things always making me sick. Revells fu*#%$ side opening box and their lousy wheel "system". :banghead:

lovegt40
02-08-2014, 04:43 PM
Well, that's the price in the shops around here. I am fairly sure that there is no official Tamiya representation/importer in Austria, it is most probably overseen from Tamiya's representatives in Germany.

Even if I buy it from HLJ I can't get it cheaper due to all the taxes and tricks:
Kit price- 30 Euro
Postage - 11 Euro (cheapest one)
Customs - 8 Euro (20% of the price+postage)
Post perversion tax - 12 Euro - this is what the post charges to bring the parcel to the customs and then deliver it to me, even though postage was already paid for this parcel! It used to be 5 or 6 Euro 7 years ago, then it just jumped to double. It would be great if online shops would offer alternative shipping that avoids the use of the Post.

If you sum it up you get a 61 Euro price!
Prices in the shops start from this price up to 70 Euro.

The Revell at 23,90 Euro is a bargain in comparison, and it also looks good, other than those awful two part wheels. :)

PS: Also the Revell kits are designed and produced in Europe, which makes the 23,90 Euro price even more impressive.

wow, scary stuff.
thanks god in italy is quite different. from 24 euros u'd maximum will spend 10 more and have all u need. ;). dont like so much the "laferracci", I am more on racers, but the price here can be different. Of course for our shops the local importer neither knows they make such article..LOL.

janositamas
02-11-2014, 05:21 PM
Still no 458 Spider and FF from Revell :-(

Exotics_Builder
02-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Still no 458 Spider and FF from Revell :-(

Revell US told me the FF is NOT under consideration by RoG. The 458 Spyder may be considered. :mad:

janositamas
02-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Revell US told me the FF is NOT under consideration by RoG. The 458 Spyder may be considered. :mad:

Thanks for the info, I was afraid of that, hopefully Fujimi will think that they could make money from that. Also the 458 Spyder. And now, Revell may take a chance on the new California T?
http://california-t.ferrari.com/en/

Exotics_Builder
02-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks for the info, I was afraid of that, hopefully Fujimi will think that they could make money from that. Also the 458 Spyder. And now, Revell may take a chance on the new California T?
http://california-t.ferrari.com/en/

I hope so. I asked specifically about the F12, FF and 458 Spyder. I got a NO on the first two :banghead: and a may be looked at on the 458 :confused:. The California T would definitely be nice. Body mods and some engine updates appear to be the big deals. Need to study the photos some more.

Some_Kid
02-12-2014, 03:31 PM
It would be nice if they made the new dodge viper in 1/24. That's right I said 1/24 revell not cheapo 1/25.

DasWiesel
02-12-2014, 03:46 PM
it would be nice if they made the new dodge viper in 1/24. That's right i said 1/24 revell not cheapo 1/25.
:1:

nascar49
02-12-2014, 05:14 PM
It would be nice if they made the new dodge viper in 1/24. That's right I said 1/24 revell not cheapo 1/25.

It wont happen, it will be in 1/25th if Revell does it, since it will be for the US Domestic Market and for whatever reason, and that is the scale that the old men want to build

Some_Kid
02-12-2014, 08:31 PM
It wont happen, it will be in 1/25th if Revell does it, since it will be for the US Domestic Market and for whatever reason, and that is the scale that the old men want to build

I honestly only buy 1/24 kits from Revell. Call me crazy but 1/25 looks significantly more toy like at that scale. For a car with curves like a viper it needs 1/24 to do it justice. I'd love to build more corvettes but only a handful of them are 1/24. I like the thought of adding them to a display with Tamiya 1/24 kits and it not look weird.

You're right they'll do 1/25 but it'll be a mistake in my opinion.

ZoomZoomMX-5
02-13-2014, 08:43 AM
I hope so. I asked specifically about the F12, FF and 458 Spyder. I got a NO on the first two :banghead: and a may be looked at on the 458 :confused:. The California T would definitely be nice. Body mods and some engine updates appear to be the big deals. Need to study the photos some more.

Revell AG kit designers are big Ferrari fans, but even then they can't do all of them, especially when they're doing the LaFerrari which should practically print $$ for Revell. I'm fine w/Fujimi's F12, the lack of an FF doesn't bother me (Rastar does a remote control in 1/24 that looks good), and I'm in agreement they need to get cracking on the 458 Spider and Speciale (perhaps combine the two? I'm sure there will be a 16M-style variant). As for the California T, it's so much better than the original California, but I wonder if they'll bother? It's almost as good a transformation from the Cali to the T as the transition from the 348 to the F355.

Exotics_Builder
02-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Revell AG kit designers are big Ferrari fans, but even then they can't do all of them, especially when they're doing the LaFerrari which should practically print $$ for Revell. I'm fine w/Fujimi's F12, the lack of an FF doesn't bother me (Rastar does a remote control in 1/24 that looks good), and I'm in agreement they need to get cracking on the 458 Spider and Speciale (perhaps combine the two? I'm sure there will be a 16M-style variant). As for the California T, it's so much better than the original California, but I wonder if they'll bother? It's almost as good a transformation from the Cali to the T as the transition from the 348 to the F355.

I agree that they probably won't bother with the California T. More likely someone will do a transkit if there is enough interest. What I don't like about Fujimi's F12 is their somewhat inaccurate suspension. I am looking at taking parts from Revell's 599, along with some scratch building and HD's improved front brake system to make it more to my liking.

I like your thinking on the spyder and special.

Khier
02-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Well, that's the price in the shops around here. I am fairly sure that there is no official Tamiya representation/importer in Austria, it is most probably overseen from Tamiya's representatives in Ge.....

I cannot speak about the delivery in Austria. However, I am used to order kits from HLJ in Japan. If you order several kits, shipping falls below 9 or 8 EUR per kit, which is slightly higher than what you pay here. The German post does not charge extra fees for customs processing. In the worst case you end with Ebay prices minus shipping.

As an example, I received a multiple order consisting Aoshima's Aventador and Fujimi's Reventon and Veneno from HLJ a couple of weeks ago. If my memory serves me well the average price/kit was about 27 EUR + 19% VAT. Ebay prices starts at 44 EUR plus shipping. My La Ferrari is currently underway. Price was roughly 26 EUR + shipping. I will let you know the final cost when it arrives.

... and wait before you presume a price of 23.5 EUR for Revell La Ferrari. Prices are increasing regularly with each new kit from Revell (in the same category of course).

jano11
02-13-2014, 04:18 PM
I cannot speak about the delivery in Austria. However, I am used to order kits from HLJ in Japan. If you order several kits, shipping falls below 9 or 8 EUR per kit, which is slightly higher than what you pay here. The German post does not charge extra fees for customs processing. In the worst case you end with Ebay prices minus shipping.

As an example, I received a multiple order consisting Aoshima's Aventador and Fujimi's Reventon and Veneno from HLJ a couple of weeks ago. If my memory serves me well the average price/kit was about 27 EUR + 19% VAT. Ebay prices starts at 44 EUR plus shipping. My La Ferrari is currently underway. Price was roughly 26 EUR + shipping. I will let you know the final cost when it arrives.

... and wait before you presume a price of 23.5 EUR for Revell La Ferrari. Prices are increasing regularly with each new kit from Revell (in the same category of course).

You're lucky. The Deutsche Post is a serious company, unlike their Austrian counterparts who are bunch of lazy muppets. They make buying from HLJ impossible for me. My only chance are HL and Chinese eBay sellers who agree to declare the price at just under 20 Euro, and even then in some cases the customs sometimes withhold the package until I send them a proof for the price. :mad:

Khier
02-14-2014, 12:23 PM
You're lucky. The Deutsche Post.....

In that case I guess www.toms.nl would be the best possibility for you. It is a Dutch shop, which for you means neither taxes nor customs. Only shipping.... Rates are 9 EUR for really a LOT of items and weight. Hence, trivial shipping costs if you order 4 kits.

jano11
03-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Yesterday I have visited one of the largest LHS in the city, just out of curiosity and came out KO! The prices are nothing short of astronomic.
I could hardly believe my eyes:
1/20 Tamiya Red Bull RB6 - 79.99 Euro
1/24 Tamiya Aston Martin, inclusive Aber PE set, 100 Euro
The older Fujimi 1/24 kits above 40 Euro, the newer ones above 50, close to 60.
On the other hand all Revel 1/24 scale kits under 24 Euro.
I have enough model kits to keep me busy for the next 200 Years, 90% of them bought long time ago when a Tamiya kit was a healthy 30 Euro in our LHS, I can only imagine how new model builders feel when they see these extraterrestrial prices.

jano11
03-09-2014, 01:49 PM
In that case I guess www.toms.nl (http://www.toms.nl) would be the best possibility for you. It is a Dutch shop, which for you means neither taxes nor customs. Only shipping.... Rates are 9 EUR for really a LOT of items and weight. Hence, trivial shipping costs if you order 4 kits.

Thanks for the heads up Khier, looks like an interesting shop. However I'll keep to ordering from small asian shops, where prices are from this world.

Add your comment to this topic!