Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 corolla oil

studdly
02-01-2014, 01:02 PM
does anyone else notice that the 98 corolla seems to go through oil? not burning it or and leaks. I have talked to another person with a 99 and he is having the same problem. the engine only has 136,ooo kms on it. any ideas???

Brian R.
02-02-2014, 01:54 AM
How often do you have to add a quart of oil to maintain the dipstick level? How do you know you're not burning oil?

studdly
02-02-2014, 04:01 PM
How often do you have to add a quart of oil to maintain the dipstick level? How do you know you're not burning oil?

got a mechanic to check and no oil burning. I add a liter once a month

Brian R.
02-03-2014, 08:20 AM
How did he determine that you're not burning oil? If you burn 1 liter a month, you would have a difficult time figuring this out, the more miles you drive, the more difficult it becomes. If you're sure you don't have leaks, then you are burning it. It doesn't evaporate. Leaks are much easier to discover than burning.

kimper
03-22-2014, 11:19 AM
my 02 corolla was burning a quart every tank of gas and it ended up being that the oil drain back holes in the pistons were plugged and my rings were stuck and it was forcing the oil up into the valves. It was so bad that the carbon build up was preventing the valves from seating all the way..

Add your comment to this topic!