Page updated on 11-21-2017

Replacement tires for Rvell's F1 ?

Philmodelcar
02-01-2014, 07:43 AM
Does anyone have a good solution for replacing the tires of Revell's 1/24 Formula One Kits ?
They look awful...
thanks !

lemansnut
02-02-2014, 10:33 AM
Some of their early kits had tires that were way too small. My Ferrari F10 had the holes way off center. In both cases I got replacements directly from Revell that were much better.

Mike

DasWiesel
02-03-2014, 03:01 PM
I´ve ordered a set of tyres here:

http://www.hobicamodel.com/FORMULA1/FR4-BRIDGESTONE?product_id=147

lemansnut
02-03-2014, 05:10 PM
Very cool! Didn't know those existed.

Mike

reppana
02-04-2014, 12:38 PM
I´ve ordered a set of tyres here:

http://www.hobicamodel.com/FORMULA1/FR4-BRIDGESTONE?product_id=147

Are those correct? I have never seen a wet tyre with yellow stripe. Only soft (slicks) has yellow stripes, rain tyres have green/blue stripe.

Philmodelcar
02-17-2014, 06:07 PM
Yes...thanks for the link :frown:
I ordered 2 sets of tires and I was very disappointed as I received white sticky resin tires (no rubber !) without decals and with strange instructions (no light, do not expose above 25°...)
this website is a trap for modeler. it's not written anywhere what you are going to receive, there were nice pictures but I have thrown the result to the dustbin !:mad:

pacman808
02-17-2014, 06:28 PM
I've read on a post that Kyosho's Mini Z F1 tires are a good replacement for Revell F1 tires.

ogunkunt
02-18-2014, 02:13 PM
Dear Philmodelcar,

Why did you write negative reviews? These pictures are only graphical pictures on the site.Have you experienced any problems about these tires.If you do not like these tires you can write to hobicamodel.com site administrator. Can you write email. We want to send payback your money.

Thanks
Ogun KUNT

hobicamodel.com administrator

reppana
02-18-2014, 03:28 PM
I ordered 2 sets of tires and I was very disappointed as I received white sticky resin tires (no rubber !) without decals and with strange instructions (no light, do not expose above 25°...)
this website is a trap for modeler. it's not written anywhere what you are going to receive, there were nice pictures but I have thrown the result to the dustbin !:mad:

And from that link, look at the description section:

IT IS MADE OF WHITE RESIN.

IT IS NOT RUBBER

DECALS ARE NOT INCLUDE.

JeremyJon
02-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Phil, do you build many F1 kits in the same scale?

If so, and a better tire is needed, there is possible to have a much more accurate & correct shaped set digitally designed and printed, either slick or rain tread even, it's not that expensive either really, from there to have then cast in rubber from 3D printed master pattern
My guys are pretty inexpensive for casting one offs, but multiple sets made (like a group buy) could reduce that further per set, in which case may be of benefit for others to produce several sets?

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1385711_516611731765874_1215835836_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1235957_497522633674784_400984812_n.jpg

JeremyJon
02-18-2014, 03:42 PM
And from that link, look at the description section:

That information may not have been on the page when Phil made his transaction, either way he's entitled to convey his specific purchasing experience

DasWiesel
02-19-2014, 05:38 PM
@Philmodelcar
Sorry for your disappointment. I hadn´t have my own set when i gave you the link. As you didn´t answer earlier, i thought you wouldn´t be interested anyway.

Got my set in the meantime and somehow i have to agree. After all there is a lot of work needed to let them look like tyres. Right now i´m filling and sanding them. They seem to come directly from a 3D-printer. I think the layers are visible and the finish is very rough. Nevertheless they have a very nice and fine tread pattern.

Still i think they are good as a basis. If you stick to 1/24 even with F1 cars, there´s not much to choose from. I was happy to get even something like rain-tyres.
I will show some pictures here, when they are ready.

@Ogun
Maybe you should give your tyres some fine finish and cast them in rubber like resin. I will certainly do that. I think you´re off to a nice start, but there is much room for improvement.
If you need tips for the right materials, feel free to ask here! :smokin:

Philmodelcar
02-23-2014, 01:37 AM
That information may not have been on the page when Phil made his transaction, either way he's entitled to convey his specific purchasing experience

Thank you sir, I confirm that this information has been added on the website after my post on AF.

Please, let's not make a big deal of it. I just share my experience and express my disappointement.

I can add some constructive detail: I took the resin tire and tried to insert a Revell 1/24 F1 wheel Inside and it did not fit. I had to remove with the dremel about 1.5 to 2mm of resin, then the tires looked strange and too small. I give up. End of the story.

ogunkunt
02-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Dear Philmodelcar,

Sorry but i did not understand you. What do you mean?.What do you want to do? I want to explain.

Orijinal Revell 1/24 Scale Kits tire dimensions are ;

Outer Dimension is : Ĝ 26,5 mm
Inner Dimension is : Ĝ 16 mm

Our 1/24 Scale tire dimensions are ;

Outer Dimension is : Ĝ 26,5 mm
Inner Dimension is : Ĝ 16 mm

Can you see? All of dimensions are same. And I want to explain other topic. You can look my ebay feedback. Everybody likes my tires. But only you did not like them.Please tell me. If you want to money no problem i can payback your money. I want to only facts.

Ogun
hobicamodel.com

ogunkunt
02-23-2014, 09:43 AM
And sorry i forgot.

You are right. I have made some statements my site after seeing your alerts.I want to you thank you. Because you are right this topic. But I did not trick anyone.

Add your comment to this topic!