Page updated on 11-18-2017

1/18 smallblock ford needed.

5spdstang
01-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Im possibly embarking on an ambitious build for the daughter of a famous(but unfortunately deceased) racer.

For this build I'm going to need to source a small block Ford, as the kit comes with a BB chev motor. I had a link to a sight that sold all manner of large scale engine parts and complete kits, in resin(i think), but I'll be damned if I can remember or find the site!

They sold everything from carbs to hilborn injection stack...very detailed stuff....does anyone remember this place?

Thanks for your help.

RonCla
01-30-2014, 10:20 PM
1/18 is an odd scale. I'm not aware of anyone supporting it other than Hobby Design who make a selection of wheels and the odd body kit

If you go to 1/16 there is a number of places that have a good selection of engines

Teds Modeling supplies and TDR Innovations spring to mind

blubaja
01-31-2014, 09:17 AM
GMp/Acme diecast might have the small block fords engine you want.

5spdstang
02-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, the base kit I'm using is 1/18, so I have to stick with that scale...I'll be making a replica of a friends, fathers Lola T160 that he raced in 1968......His name will be familiar to some...Swede Savage :)

The only kit available is the Tamiya TS-160 which is 'somewhat' different from a stock T-160, I'm trying to nail down exactly what modifications John Surtees made to the cars that I'm going to have to backdate to the original setup. Obvious differences are the highwing, and BB chev motor.

thijs37
02-02-2014, 08:19 AM
A google search gave me "Liberty Classics" 1/18 scale Resin Engines...Maybe they got what your'e looking for! or you could check out "Corrupted Diecasts.com" they also got a lot of 1/18 engine and add on stuff

Add your comment to this topic!