Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1995 Buick Regal Not Cranking Over

TryingtoDIM
01-23-2014, 03:18 PM
About the Car: It has 101,00 miles on it. I haven't own this car for long (less than a month). I bought it pretty cheap to do some grocery shopping with. I have no plans to drive it more than 10 miles in a trip. I have a bicycle with a trailer, but there are days in the winter when the weather says, "No" to bicycling. I had the fuel pump and filter replaced at a shop when it wouldn't start a couple weeks ago. They said the fuel pressure was low, and it needed to be replaced. It was fine for a little while, but then it wouldn't start for the past three days now. No cranking at all. I can turn on the radio and roll windows up and down, though. I do remember seeing a Check Engine, Battery symbol sign, and a couple other lights off-hand. I'm at work right now.. so I'll have to go home to see if the Security light also was there, too.

Also! I did find an electrical line that did not go anywhere... not sure if that has anything to do with the fact that there is no window washer fluid tank (wipers do work).

After reading a little about other Buicks in the forum not cranking, I will definitely try the Security Light issue after I get home from work.

I really do not want to put much more money into this car, so I wanted to try to do some things on my own.. even though I have no tools for cars. My brother does, so I'll probably solicit his help at some point.

TryingtoDIM
01-23-2014, 05:36 PM
I turned the key to ON to see if the Security light came on, and it did not. I saw the CHECK ENGINE, Battery Symbol, and the Oil Can Symbol.

I did shift the car into Neutral, and she started right up.. Forgot which thread to look back at for what to do now...

Add your comment to this topic!