Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2003 Chevy Malibu Manufactured Radio Install Please Help

gdwp02
01-17-2014, 07:57 PM
We have been trying for weeks to get this stupid thing hooked up and cant find any information on the web regarding our problem. First and for most, we spliced the wires from the adapter that is inside the car and was going to hook it up directly to the CD player as this on older cars is easy to do. WRONG... we ended up taping the wires back together and buying the correct adapter as the colors did not match and it seemed impossible. We finally got it hooked up and what do you know it doesn't work O MY. We found out that there was no accessory wire so we added one in and ran it to the fuse box through the dash. It finally worked for one song then cut off. It will not turn on at all except some mornings I can get it to come on and play a couple songs before it again shuts off. It cant be a blew fuse as it stills works once every couple days. Could possibly be a mis-connection somewhere but just wondered if anyone else had this trouble. Uninstalling the regular radio had no affect on the security system that I know of but I did lose my beeping when the door is open or lights are on. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Grace Danielle

wpbharry
01-19-2014, 08:15 AM
Buy a horse; it's overdue.

aleekat
01-19-2014, 08:34 AM
sounds like your problem: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthread.php?t=337534

gdwp02
01-19-2014, 08:48 PM
sounds like your problem: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthread.php?t=337534

Thanks, I already read this one though. my problem is not the wiring. Its got to be something else. It works for ten minutes maybe and shuts off and it may not work again for two days.

gdwp02
01-19-2014, 08:48 PM
Thanks, not!

gdwp02
01-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Thanks, not!

This comment was for the person that replied with the horse comment.

rkvons
01-20-2014, 12:26 PM
You know, in my Grand Prix, you can shut the car off and the radio will continue to run for about 10 minutes, or unless you open the door. Maybe this capability was in your radio and now it's messed up with the wiring redo.

Add your comment to this topic!