Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need help

towdawg
01-16-2014, 08:43 PM
I have a 91 accord I just was leaving to go to the store. I took off like normal when I was putting it in 2nd gear it locked up on me. Now if I leave it in neutral and let off the clutch it will move forward. If I try and put it in any gear it locks up. Is my trans shot or is it something else. I have been hearing clicking sound when I make a right turn. Just bought the car and it's my first Honda I just don't know what to look at first.
Thanks

65comet
01-17-2014, 03:43 PM
My guess is something wrong with the shift linkage. Part of it came off that has one gear already engaged and when you try to engage another gear with the part still connected you are essentially putting two gears into play, and they might be fighting each other for different directions on the gears within the trans. It could also be the linkage internal to the transmission or at the shifter.

towdawg
01-18-2014, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the info I just don't know where to start. It was so much easier working on my old 68 Camaro. I look under these things and everything is crammed in there. just no room to work at all. I'll try and keep up to date with it. If anybody has any input at all I would greatly appreciate it. I really don't have the money to replace the trans but if I have to so be it. Just as long as I don't put money and time into it and find out it still needs to be replaced.

Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!