Crank No Start P1233 Fuel Pump Driver Module

makuloco2000
01-16-2014, 12:03 AM
I know this has been an issue for awhile and many may know about it but many probably don't. The issue is dirt and salt debri etc get packed behind the Fuel pump driver module rot it out and without warning you have a crank no start or worse it dies going down the road then you and the family are stranded or worse while towing on a trip. I made a video on how it happens and how to fix it with the solution Ford came up with. It is worth checking even if you don't seem to be having any issues yet......

S-ryMAsHKos

65comet
01-16-2014, 07:50 AM
I had it happen on my 05 Expedition two years ago when it was only 5 years old. Had a hole in the back larger than a old silver dollar. I made sure the new one not only had rubber grommets to isolate it from the bolts, but the entire outside was powder coated. Another bad idea by some engineer, and approved by some other idiot above them. Unfortunately I didn't know about this module problem at the time and thought it was the fuel pump. So I went to the trouble and expense of replacing that first in a December snow storm in the driveway at 5 degrees F. Boy was I pissed when it didn't start up. I was sure it was the fuel pump because a couple of times when I tapped the tank it started again. Must have knocked some of the loose aluminum around inside that module to change what it was contacting on.

makuloco2000
01-16-2014, 10:32 PM
I had it happen on my 05 Expedition two years ago when it was only 5 years old. Had a hole in the back larger than a old silver dollar. I made sure the new one not only had rubber grommets to isolate it from the bolts, but the entire outside was powder coated. Another bad idea by some engineer, and approved by some other idiot above them. Unfortunately I didn't know about this module problem at the time and thought it was the fuel pump. So I went to the trouble and expense of replacing that first in a December snow storm in the driveway at 5 degrees F. Boy was I pissed when it didn't start up. I was sure it was the fuel pump because a couple of times when I tapped the tank it started again. Must have knocked some of the loose aluminum around inside that module to change what it was contacting on.
Oh man that sucks.

Grabber5.0
01-19-2014, 03:20 PM
P1233 is an ODBII code right? This sounds like what my 99 F150 is doing when it sits a while, but my engine light is not on. I hadn't thought to put the scanner on it and check for a code.

makuloco2000
01-19-2014, 09:46 PM
P1233 is an ODBII code right? This sounds like what my 99 F150 is doing when it sits a while, but my engine light is not on. I hadn't thought to put the scanner on it and check for a code.
Nah your 1999 doesn't have this Driver module.

Grabber5.0
01-19-2014, 10:46 PM
Nah your 1999 doesn't have this Driver module.

Oh, ok, thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!