Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2008 Trailblazer 4x4- P2440 code=Secondary AIR System Switching Valve A' Stuck

Harley P
01-15-2014, 08:43 PM
I have a P2440 code from warning light- Secondary AIR System Switching Valve A' Stuck Open. This started to appear when I took it into the dealer for other issue with transfer case whinning when in 4x4. Can this code be associated with something the mechanic did , would they remove any sensors or wires, that may not have put back. Not happy. Are these trucks know for this code? Estimate cost? Thanks in advance.

MT-2500
01-16-2014, 09:12 AM
I have a P2440 code from warning light- Secondary AIR System Switching Valve A' Stuck Open. This started to appear when I took it into the dealer for other issue with transfer case whinning when in 4x4. Can this code be associated with something the mechanic did , would they remove any sensors or wires, that may not have put back. Not happy. Are these trucks know for this code? Estimate cost? Thanks in advance.

How do you expect us to know that?
It sounds like you want blame the last one that looked at your truck.
Why not take back to the dealer/mechanic and ask them or him?

Cavalierub
01-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Wow, some is a little crusty with that answer!:shakehead
I would take it back to the dealer since this is unrelated to the tranny. Have them check the solenoid and valve for the code. good luck.

MT-2500
01-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Wow, some is a little crusty with that answer!:shakehead
I would take it back to the dealer since this is unrelated to the tranny. Have them check the solenoid and valve for the code. good luck.

Crusty is mild.
Some people just want to blame the last person that touched for everything that happens from now on.

Tech II
01-25-2014, 03:34 PM
Is there a timeline? You brought it in for service......was the light on when you drove home? Was it the next day? A week?

Add your comment to this topic!