Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Horn fuse keep blowing

deerefeed
01-09-2014, 06:09 AM
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 96 model with 3.4 engine? The horn fuse keeps blowing and I don't know what else is on that circuit to check. The horn works when the fuse is replaced but the fuse blows at some time afterwards.

gmtech1
01-09-2014, 08:30 AM
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 96 model with 3.4 engine? The horn fuse keeps blowing and I don't know what else is on that circuit to check. The horn works when the fuse is replaced but the fuse blows at some time afterwards.

I don't have a schematic that I can share, but the horn fuse powers the horn relay and the alarm for the seatbelts/ignition key/headlamps and turn signal. It's located in the same convenience center as the horn relay. Try removing the alarm and see if the fuse still blows. If so you may have a wire shorted or a bad horn.

deerefeed
01-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Thanks, I did notice I left the lights on recently and the warning didn't chime. Where is the convenience center located with the horn relay and warning chime?

gmtech1
01-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Under the right side of the dash. It has several relays in the top row, the alarm is on the bottom row, looks like a narrow box type thing. Will be the biggest part plugged into the center.

deerefeed
01-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Thanks, come to think of it the horn hasn't been operating quite as it should. It has been rather intermittent when pressing the steering wheel pad. I thought it was just a bad connection in the steering wheel but maybe the horn is just all rusted away.

Levithan9
01-09-2014, 11:17 AM
here is a wiring diagram of the horn for you.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=50336&stc=1&d=1389287745

Add your comment to this topic!