Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 kia sportage heating issues

aliciadine
01-04-2014, 05:28 PM
hello, my daughter has some heating issues. The blower is working but there is no heat coming out. Can you please give me some ideas of what could be causing this, and how much it should cost to fix? Thanks

She is also having issues with her radio, I would like to know about this issue as well. Thanks

I just got her lighting and wiring/grounding fix, and it works fine. I felt that the mechanics when doing a diagnostic should have looked at issues affecting the entire vehicle.

rhandwor
01-04-2014, 06:41 PM
hello, my daughter has some heating issues. The blower is working but there is no heat coming out. Can you please give me some ideas of what could be causing this, and how much it should cost to fix? Thanks

She is also having issues with her radio, I would like to know about this issue as well. Thanks

I just got her lighting and wiring/grounding fix, and it works fine. I felt that the mechanics when doing a diagnostic should have looked at issues affecting the entire vehicle.
Google Kia-forums join search 1994-2002 sportage heater Actuator they said part around $130.00 and give directions. I tried rockauto.com and couldn't find one listed.
http://www.ebay.com/ Search kia sportage heater actuator A used one for your model year $39.00 appx.
It would be on top of heater box where heater core is located. Probably have to remove glove box.

LMP
01-31-2014, 06:16 PM
the heat/cold diverter flap is linked to the heat knob through a simple cable. Fist try to see if it is connected at both ends.

jam4shi
02-26-2014, 09:08 AM
the heat/cold diverter flap is linked to the heat knob through a simple cable. Fist try to see if it is connected at both ends.
hello I only see harnesses behind the heat knob what else do i need to do??? thanks. I have no heat whatsoever and its -4 right now. I admire your knowledge of this vehicle and would like perhaps all other references that could possibly be avail. from you.

LaVar
2001 kia sportage limited

Add your comment to this topic!