Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need help

nyrican67
01-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Yesterday I parked my 2000 accord 5-speed at a seven eleven in my neighborhood, When I returned I notices that my dashboard lights were all on(like if I had the the key in the ignition switch in the on position). I tried to start my car,but, it would not start. I disconnected the battery and connected back but the lights on the dash were still on. Call a tow truck and the driver started playing with the ignition by stepping on the clutch and brake at the same time, putting the car in gear,and turning the steering wheel while trying to turn the car on. after a minute or so, the car turned on. He turned the ignition switch off and removed the key,but the car stood on. Stuck the key back in and put it in the on position, he turned the key back on the off position and the car turned off. This time the lights came back on without the key in the ignition. After trying to turn the car back on, we finally was able to turn the car on. I drove my car back home and turned off and on my car with no problem and no lights staying on after I remove the key from the ignition. Tow truck driver said that my car is possessed :banghead: someone told me it could be the ignition switch or the alternator may be dying. Can anyone help.

Add your comment to this topic!