Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Erratic Cooling System Behavior

wikitjuggla
12-31-2013, 10:14 PM
This may seem lazy but I have already sought help in another forum with very few members and even less of the few log on regularly. Please kindly follow the link and post replies here.

http://buickforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=187631#post187631

Your help and time is appreciated
Thank you

Tech II
01-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Almost comical....you want us to post about something on another forum?

You don't have the dignity, to post on this forum with your problems?

Can't even copy and paste on this forum?

Ok, just a little dark New Year's humor.....

So we replaced a thermostat...we replaced a water pump(was it leaking at the weep hole?)......we get no heat.....low coolant light is coming on.....

This is a 3.1.....famous for lower intake gaskets....and if allowed to be a problem, leads to head/head gasket problems.....

When you have a coolant leak, you create an air pocket....and air pocket will prevent flow through the heater core, and cause no heat......

Low coolant light on, with enough coolant in the radiator means bad or contaminated sensor....

Now back to that air pocket.....have you checked for a lower intake leak? Check for coolant collecting in depressions in the top of the engine under the throttle body....check for leak in the valley of the lower intake under the throttle body and the Power steering pump.....

One way to check for a head gasket problem, is with a devise that attaches to the top of the radiator and detects exhaust gases in the coolant by changing color....another way, is to run the vehicle until it is hot, shut it down....the next day, remove the spark plugs and disable spark and fuel(remove injector fuse, disconnect ICM power).....now have someone crank vehicle, while watching the cylinder holes(especially #1 cylinder).....if coolant comes out of any of the spark plug holes during cranking, you have a head gasket/head problem.....

wikitjuggla
01-01-2014, 04:53 PM
No coolant leaks anywhere, replaced water pump, replaced thermostat. I might have to try that spark plug thing. Do those $30 radiator head gasket test kits off the internet actually work?

la1
03-21-2014, 03:58 PM
how difficult is it to cut and paste?
also if you have a leak the cooland system cannot preasurise. The coolant will turn to steam and the temp guage will not go above the boiling point of water.

Thomas Sams
04-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Hi guys, I recently change my throttle and intake and for cosmetic, I remove the looped hose from the little nipple on the thermostat housing to the intake and put...but i gain much knowledge about this link...

Add your comment to this topic!