2000 Regal no heat

boomboom
12-31-2013, 08:08 PM
I have a 2000 Regal LS that has no heat. The cooling system is full of water. The heater hoses are warm. The fan blow lots of air and the speeds can be changed by the heater controls. The heater controls light up and you can change the fan speeds. My guess is the control doors are not working. What should I check to figure out what is wrong. I am trying to fix this for an older couple who don't know what to do about it. Thanks.

SleepyHead98
12-31-2013, 09:33 PM
I guess you could check under the dask to see if the actuator motor is working. It is what moves the blend door. Think you have to remove the glove box, but for your specific vehicle, I would do some researching. The actuator should move when you change the temp from cold to warm and back.

Tech II
12-31-2013, 10:33 PM
First, I hope they are not full of water......

If both heater core hoses are hot to the touch, than yes, it's heater door operation....either the head control, actuator, or the door/linkage is broken....

boomboom
01-01-2014, 12:13 AM
Are the actuator doors controlled by vacuum or by electric motors?

Tech II
01-01-2014, 12:35 PM
Drop the hush panels under the dash, and get your head under there....rotating the glove box out of the dash gives you more room to look....

Add your comment to this topic!