Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

No Headlamps

orkel
12-29-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi All

Merry Christmas to everyone
I have a problem on my daughters car. On Boxing Day night, her headlamps would not turn on. No DRLs, no flash, no low or High beam, but her headlamps would flash when she used the remote to open or lock the car.
All other lights work except the gear shift indicator (which she told me stopped working a while ago). Her wipers work fine as well.
Fuses are good.
I've searched the forum, but can find no treads with this exact problem.

Has anyone come across this issue?
Would really like to get this solved for her, as it does put a huge damper on her for work etc.
Also, can anyone tell me where the DRL and the headlamp relays are?

Thanks for any help
Rickie

rhandwor
01-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Hi All

Merry Christmas to everyone
I have a problem on my daughters car. On Boxing Day night, her headlamps would not turn on. No DRLs, no flash, no low or High beam, but her headlamps would flash when she used the remote to open or lock the car.
All other lights work except the gear shift indicator (which she told me stopped working a while ago). Her wipers work fine as well.
Fuses are good.
I've searched the forum, but can find no treads with this exact problem.

Has anyone come across this issue?
Would really like to get this solved for her, as it does put a huge damper on her for work etc.
Also, can anyone tell me where the DRL and the headlamp relays are?

Thanks for any help
Rickie
Please state year ,model of this vehicle.

orkel
01-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Year 2002
4 dr automatic sedan
Thanks

orkel
01-04-2014, 06:30 AM
Hi All

Just an update to to this.
I ended up taking the car into my mechanic. Seems this problem had occurred before with the previous owner who tried to fix him self. Did a real hatchet job.
Long and short. We had to re-wire the headlamp system. My mechanic gave us the old harness as proof showing the frayed wires and the poor job done previously.
I would still like to kow where I can find the DRL relay though (I forgot to ask him), so if anyone can tell me where to find this, I'll be grateful.

All the best to everyone for 2014

aleekat
01-04-2014, 08:44 AM
rockauto.com

Tech II
01-04-2014, 10:07 AM
I think this vehicle was part of a campaign, to fix the wire harness for the headlights/daytime running lights......what you found may have been a butchered job from that campaign....

Add your comment to this topic!