98 Jimmy, washer fluid motor

pitbullvassar
12-29-2013, 02:06 PM
My windshield wipers work fine, but my fluid is not spraying. I replaced the washer fluid motor (the lower one on the tank) and that did not correct it. I have the wiper circuit board out and it doesn't look like there are any problems. Any ideas on what might be causing the problem?

rhandwor
12-29-2013, 02:26 PM
My windshield wipers work fine, but my fluid is not spraying. I replaced the washer fluid motor (the lower one on the tank) and that did not correct it. I have the wiper circuit board out and it doesn't look like there are any problems. Any ideas on what might be causing the problem?
Not all wiper fluid is good for low temperatures they can be frozen tubing. Sometimes the nozzles plug blow the hoses and make sure they are clean.

pitbullvassar
12-29-2013, 02:36 PM
I would still be able to hear the pump though, wouldn't I?

aleekat
12-29-2013, 03:16 PM
I would still be able to hear the pump though, wouldn't I?

Only if it is able to turn and the fluid is not frozen.

pitbullvassar
12-29-2013, 03:43 PM
It's been warmer here the last day or so, so I wasn't' worried about that. I hooked my air compressor up and it blows through the line, so that's not it. I am heading up to Advanceauto to see if they have any idea or can check the wires for for power

rhandwor
12-30-2013, 07:03 AM
It's been warmer here the last day or so, so I wasn't' worried about that. I hooked my air compressor up and it blows through the line, so that's not it. I am heading up to Advanceauto to see if they have any idea or can check the wires for for power
Anyone who does their own work should have a digital volt ohm meter and a 12 volt test light.
Many times these will pay for themselves the first time they are used.

Add your comment to this topic!