Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 gmc 1500 flooding

cureton053
12-24-2013, 06:26 PM
I have a 94 gmc 1500 that floods on start up after it is warm and i have change the temp sending unit the one with two wires i also changed the fuel pump ,egr,pluges and wires ,dist cap and roter butten ,injecters ,and no change dont now what els to change

maxwedge
12-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Assuming it is in fact a flooding condition, the fp regulator in the throttle body is the usual issue. Again assumes, throttle body not Vortec.

cureton053
12-25-2013, 12:41 PM
it is throtle body and i replaced the regulater as well in the morning when i start it it idels up like it should but when it comes down like it should it dies i start it back and same thing until after the third try and i drive it in the morning for a few minets it aks like the fuel filter is stoped up

fantastic
12-29-2013, 01:14 PM
it is throtle body and i replaced the regulater as well in the morning when i start it it idels up like it should but when it comes down like it should it dies i start it back and same thing until after the third try and i drive it in the morning for a few minets it aks like the fuel filter is stoped up

Could it be the throttle adjustment screw.??? It seems like the choke works and you've done a lot of replacing so I'm wondering if you just need to adjust the throttle cable??

Does it drive normally or does it die while your driving down the road? Or is it only at idle times and start ups??

rhandwor
01-04-2014, 06:43 AM
Could it be the throttle adjustment screw.??? It seems like the choke works and you've done a lot of replacing so I'm wondering if you just need to adjust the throttle cable??

Does it drive normally or does it die while your driving down the road? Or is it only at idle times and start ups??
I had one of this year come that was using an excessive amount of gas. I put my scanner on it and drove until it should have been up to temperature which it should have. I got out and felt the hoses thermostat was stuck open. Using a flashlight it was pouring gas out of the fuel injector.
I installed a new thermostat and that fixed the problem. The customer said it went from 4mpg to around 11mpg.
Crack manifold next to oxygen sensor leaking intake,leaking vacuum hoses will cause them to run rich.

Add your comment to this topic!