Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Can't figure this out. Help

Damondogg
12-23-2013, 09:12 PM
First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all! I recently had new fuel injectors & water pump in my 99 S10. Prior to what I thought was my alternator going out, my lights had been flickering as well as the gauge lights. My battery gauge is like moving a lil as well. So it turns out my alternator is fine as well the inside of it. Had it checked out already. Truck is running great. No service engine light anymore, from which I was getting off n on. Any ideas on what's the problem?

maxwedge
12-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Make sure all you connections are tight and clean, battery, alternator connections. The alt. should be checked on car when the flickering occurs.

j cAT
12-25-2013, 09:47 AM
First off, MERRY CHRISTMAS to all! I recently had new fuel injectors & water pump in my 99 S10. Prior to what I thought was my alternator going out, my lights had been flickering as well as the gauge lights. My battery gauge is like moving a lil as well. So it turns out my alternator is fine as well the inside of it. Had it checked out already. Truck is running great. No service engine light anymore, from which I was getting off n on. Any ideas on what's the problem?

this is usually a ground issue. make sure the grounds are clean and secure. also no green wires on the connector ends or battery white powder.

then you get into fuse able links.these are hidden in the wiring loom or may be at the starter connections.

Add your comment to this topic!