2004 dodge startus stopped working while driving

thad2412
12-22-2013, 07:12 PM
So today I woke up, drove to work and on my way home about 13 miles already driven I stopped at a light made a left up a hill and it completely stopped and had no more power to the engine. All the lights came on and my power steering and brakes locked up. So I got it into a parking lot and got a gallon of gas and oil just to be safe but it was neither. The lights radio locks and everything still turn on, but when I try to crank it on, it just makes the noise like it will try to turn over but wont. Also when I turn the ignition it sounds like it will crank butwont so I know Is not the battery because Iits not clicking when I turn the key.....not sure whats going on and I limited with car knowledge so any advice would help.

rhandwor
01-05-2014, 05:37 PM
So today I woke up, drove to work and on my way home about 13 miles already driven I stopped at a light made a left up a hill and it completely stopped and had no more power to the engine. All the lights came on and my power steering and brakes locked up. So I got it into a parking lot and got a gallon of gas and oil just to be safe but it was neither. The lights radio locks and everything still turn on, but when I try to crank it on, it just makes the noise like it will try to turn over but wont. Also when I turn the ignition it sounds like it will crank butwont so I know Is not the battery because Iits not clicking when I turn the key.....not sure whats going on and I limited with car knowledge so any advice would help.
I would try to get someone to check the battery. If voltage is satisfactory I would use a socket and a ratchet and make sure the engine will turn over. If it turns over and voltage is satisfactory clean the battery terminals.

spike1269
03-17-2014, 05:43 AM
Man, I hate to say it, but I would definitely try the second one and try turning the motor over.. It sounds like the same thing that happened to me. If you have a scanner it will throw the code of the cam position sensor, ... It sounds like you snapped your timing belt ..I hope not, but hope this helps.

Add your comment to this topic!