Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

solo baric 15

RoBoDEATH
06-20-2003, 12:45 PM
woohoo i just got my solo baric 15 today. i farked up though, i got the 2ohm version because i could have sworn my amp was 1 ohm stable but turns out it's 2 so i'm gonna have to wire it for 4 ohm :-(

it's an spl series 2 1200W amp, what would happen if i wired it at 1 ohm?

AirAllen01
06-20-2003, 01:09 PM
You would fry the amp. My cousin did it once, and he never saw that amp again.

RoBoDEATH
06-20-2003, 03:42 PM
i'll be running it at 4 ohms then

btw i love Doc Holiday, he was the fuckin man

AirAllen01
06-20-2003, 03:46 PM
Most definately! What you should do, with that amp, is get another Solo baric 15 and bridge them down to 2-ohms. You'll get harder bass and better sound.

RoBoDEATH
06-21-2003, 08:26 AM
solo baric is in and holy shit, that is one bad ass sub

here's my wiring, tell me if its flawed

monster cable starts at battery then goes about 1 foot to 120AMP fuse, then goes to a power distro block with 90AMP fuses, there two 8 gauge power cables run to the back of the car, one goes into a 1farret cap then to a sony 800wamp that powers my 4 inside speakers, the other power wire runs to another 1farret cap that goes to the spl 1200w amp which powers my solo baric 15.

i'm happy with the bass the way it is, i know i could probably get more out of it, but i'm not gonna get caught up in compitions, thats expensive shit

also the box wouldn't fit in through the trunk so i had to let the back seats down, front seat back, take off the headrest, push the box up over the seat, let the front seat forward, start to shove the box through the seat trunk entrance, take out the board under the carpet, take out the spare, squeeze for 45minutes, pick up the box, put the tire back in, put the board back in, then go to sleep for a couple hours

AirAllen01
06-21-2003, 08:51 AM
Your wiring sounds fine, and if you're happy with the way it sounds then great job.

PaulD
06-21-2003, 11:28 AM
most amps have a protection light that comes on if you load it down with too low of an impedance. Besides that, the stated impedance is ONLY good at one frequency, which I think is the drivers resonant frequency (Fs). It can be as high as 60 ohms for a subwoofer, in parts of the frequency range.

Add your comment to this topic!