Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Like a Huracan?

mattbacon
12-20-2013, 01:14 PM
http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/cg/5744/Lamborghini-Huracan-LP610-4.html

New baby Lambo looks great to my eye -- just what a Gallardo replacement in an Aventador aesthetic should look like! I'm holding out for the Aoshima version...

bestest,
M.

stratos75
12-20-2013, 02:31 PM
I like it! This is what I want to see on my shelf ASAP!

ZoomZoomMX-5
12-20-2013, 03:05 PM
To me it looks a bit boring and generic. Not unlike my feelings about the Gallardo. After a few years they'll do the "Mr. Potatohead" scheme of tarting it up in various ways to keep people from forgetting about it. It's what Lamborghini does best. Living in the shadow of the Aventador isn't easy. Lamborghini does wild concepts, but they drown the Gallardo in vanilla.

Thankfully Aoshima just showed a photo of an Aventador roadster, and my Veneno is in my private warehouse, I have so many other supercars that I haven't gotten around to building, that I have no problem if I don't get rocked by a Huracan :lol:

jano11
12-20-2013, 03:49 PM
This rather reminds me the Murcielago. As for the Gallardo, it was not my cup of tea in terms of sports car design.

mattbacon
12-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Boring and generic? Boring and generic?!!!! It looks like a Lambo, I'll grant you, but it really doesn't look like anything else. It may be illogical, but I'd take that over a 458 Speciale. There's nothing I've seen in real life that has the presence of the hot orange Aventador, and I think this is following on those big footsteps...

bestest,
M.

ZoomZoomMX-5
12-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Boring and generic? Boring and generic?!!!! It looks like a Lambo, I'll grant you, but it really doesn't look like anything else. It may be illogical, but I'd take that over a 458 Speciale. There's nothing I've seen in real life that has the presence of the hot orange Aventador, and I think this is following on those big footsteps...

bestest,
M.

The discussion on my Facebook page resulted in the words "clean, pretty, safe" to describe it. Fine if your design brief is for a Toyota, but Lamborghini, who makes some of the craziest concepts imaginable, completely punts on the Gallardo replacement. Yes, I think for a Lamborghini it's boring and generic. I expected more. A little design "stretch", not just a pastiche of the same stuff that we've seen before. It may (I certainly hope) look terrific in person and I may retract my statement then, but I already walk past a row of basic garden-variety Gallardos every month at Caffeine & Octane w/o looking because they bore me to tears.

hirofkd
12-21-2013, 01:45 AM
I thought it was a little too tame for a Lambo, but still looks refined and attractive as a volume-selling supercar. I'm sure Lambo is planning on variations, like SE and Trofeo Stradale sometime in the future. And if you still don't like it, there's always LB Performance, right? (shudder...)

If only Aoshima was developing a kit behind the scenes (like Tamiya does), and readying for Shizuoka announcement, followed by summer release, that would be great, but I know I'm asking too much. Curbside Fujimi and detailed Aoshima for fall 2014 would be nice.

drunken monkey
12-21-2013, 07:39 AM
hmm, I don't think I'm too keep on them making it look like a mini Aventador.

one of the reasons I liked the Gallardo was that it was distinct from big brother.

eugene78
12-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Wow, this looks like a Volkswagen compared to the other new Lambo designs. :D And it's finally a Lamborghini that I like.

stratos75
12-23-2013, 11:53 AM
I like this style much more than the Veneno's. It looks like a mix of Sesto Elemento+Aventador. Beautiful work!

zak78
12-30-2013, 10:41 AM
It's pretty...but it doesn't grab me by the nuts. I guess every company needs a volume leader, but I'm not looking forward to seeing it wrapped in chrome by hip-hop stars. On the upside, you can bet Underground Racing will turbocharge it to the moon :)

Add your comment to this topic!